Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
knusogkram56

Are they removeable? Can you install with removeable tape?

Cynthia Gylov
10 years ago
I want to install on the backs of filing cabinets that I have placed as a room divider. I would like to be able to install them with some kind of strong hidden tape, if possible. Also, what color are they when they arrive? How heavy are they?
Stitch Wall Flats, White, Set of 10 · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Inhabit
    10 years ago
    How are you? You will need a fairly even and smooth surface to adhere the product to. We have tested many different tapes and have never had good long-term results. I would recommend cutting a substrate to the same dimensions as the back sides of the unit and velcroing them to the cabinets. Then follow the permanent installation instructions we recommend by adhering to the substrate and not to the cabinet. This will allow you to use a proven installation method and not permanently damage the cabinets.

Tiles are an off-White when they arrive and weight less than 1lb per tile. Please let me know if we can answer any additional questions or be of help in any way.
  • PRO
    Inhabit
    8 years ago

Update on being able to remove the tiles. We are now recommending the heavy-duty clay-based wallpaper adhesives like Dynamite 111 for installation. This will allow removal of the tiles at a later time.