Best of Houzz 2014-2019!
Custom Exterior Doors, Door Sales, Exterior Wood Doors, Fiberglass Doors, Iron Doors, Interior Doors, Barn Doors, Entry Doors
Austin, Barton Creek, Bee Cave, Hays, Lakeway, Manchaca, Onion Creek, Rollingwood, Shady Hollow, Sunset Valley, The Hills, West Lake Hills
• Best of Houzz -Service in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014 • Better Business Bureau
In response to your request we have reached out to numerous experts in the field, including the door manufacturer and the paint manufacturer. We communicated all the findings with you both via email and over the phone in frequent correspondence regarding the issues with your door.
Taking into consideration the following:
1. The picture below of your entry showing the overhang protecting the door from the elements.
2, The fact that you tried to clean the door using several cleaning products and still couldn't remove the stains,
3. Your statement that the door was never subject to coming in contact with excessive water.
4. No adjacent structures show similar discoloration including the white trim around the door frame and windows. If mold and mildew was present around the door it would also be present on other structures. It wouldn't specifically target just the door. Mold and mildew would equally prefer to grow on surfaces such as the wood trim around the door and windows vs. a non porous finish such as the finish on the fiberglass door.
5. Mold and mildew is a treatable condition that can be easily removed using soap and water, mild bleach solution or mild vinegar solution. If these solutions do not work, it is something other than mold or mildew. This information is readily available on many DIY websites and literature.
All of the above leads us to conclude that the door alone came in contact with some substance that damaged the finish.
From your own admission, this area has been regularly treated by an exterminator service. Spraying chemicals around the perimeter of the door over time can certainly cause damage. This was the same conclusion the paint manufacturer reached (not knowing you use exterminator services). That conclusion was emailed to you on 11/5/18. Despite all this, we offered you matching paint free of charge or discount on a new door.
It's unfortunate we couldn't reach an amicable solution as our customer satisfaction is very important to us.
We are sorry you had a bad experience. We do our best to make our website as clear as possible and educate our customers about doors and the buying process. Each door listed on our website includes detailed information, including measurements and manufacturer’s literature with frame sizes. Immediately after you placed your order for a pre-hung double doors with arch top transom (here is a link for the door: https://www.doors4home.com/p-6211-dd86l-2-elpt.aspx), we emailed you detailed drawings with frame measurements. It is our standard practice to email such drawings, as it gives our customers another chance to review the frame size and ensure it will fit the opening before production starts. The door size you selected (the only option) is 72”96” with 14-7/8” tall transom. Once the transom is placed on top of the doors the total height with the frame is 115” tall. All this information can be found on our website and in the drawings we sent you (see attached image of example drawings).
After you reported the issue to us, we offered you the option to purchase new doors in the size you needed at a price BELOW our cost. We sincerely cared and wanted to help since it was an expensive mistake. You never replied to our email regarding the offer.
Orders for pre-hung doors (doors hanging on a frame) regardless of the door size are considered custom orders as we frame and prep the door to each customer’s specifications. Therefore, such orders are non-returnable and non-cancelled. This is clearly stated on our website and the purchase terms and conditions that you agreed on at time of checkout, (see: https://www.doors4home.com/t-purchasetermsandconditions.aspx) so claiming our policy indicates otherwise is simply not true. We allow customers to return doors that are not pre-hung or prefinished (see our return policy: https://www.doors4home.com/t-returns.aspx).
Customer satisfaction is very important to us and the great reviews we have earned online speak for themselves. Although your review is clearly trying to hurt our reputation online with false claims and information, we are still here to help you. If you wish to order the correct size doors just give us a call. Please note that disputing the charges with the credit card company will result in legal actions and report to the credit bureaus.