Lighting for my kitchen island
aimless07
Our kitchen floor plan includes an almost 12 foot long island. How many lights should we have over the island? What size of lighting should we have? Pendant or mini-pendant? We have a rounded end where we will have counter height seating, so we will probably need some sort of lighting over that. (The Lazy Susan you see in the pic is actually under the eating area where we will store many of our small kitchen appliances.) We have a window over the sink area and dining room, but have a huge covered back porch so I know the additional lighting will be helpful in not making the kitchen look dark. I kind of thought that lighting that projects the light down, might not be good. I am open for your thoughts. Thanks!
flair lighting
something like this.
June 16, 2014 at 11:04AM   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
We mix both pendants and recessed lights over an island. The recessed would be used for task work and then cut off when not needed so you would want them switched separately. Many times, if we have the space, the switch for the recessed would be there on the island and easy to access.

Don't know what height your ceilings are. Since this is an open concept room, we have done several where we install recessed LED pin lights over the dining table so there is nothing visually hanging down in the space to block the view.
June 16, 2014 at 11:14AM   
Most hideous gift you've received for your house?
Friends and family always have the best intentions,...
Quartz vs granite
Which countertop is cheaper?
Please help me with this console table decor
The mirror and table have to stay. Everything else...
Carpets
Can I use persian silk carpets and Chinoise with contemporary...
Tiny lake house needs to go modern - ideas?
Before: The house is a 940 sq ft 2 br, 1 bath ranch...