Need help with b'fast area in a small home
dogtop
August 8, 2014
My daughter has a small 50's vintage florida home with a gallery style kitchen, cabinets are white, floors white. There is an adjoining rectangular breakfast room. Her pub height table and chairs sit right under the ceiling light but that leaves a small area at the end of the room that goes into LR with nothing. We need some suggestions.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Maltby Design
Suggestions for what? A floor plan, photos and a description of what you are trying to achieve would help.
    Bookmark   August 8, 2014 at 11:15AM
dogtop
I'm having trouble getting my photo's to upload but I'll keep trying. Since I last wrote this we have decided to do the pub table and chairs in a shade of orange. We have already purchased a rug with lots of her colors, orange, teal, turquoise, lime, etc. She likes things to pop. I'll try and send a photo of it also. Like I said there is an empty space in the b'fast room that needs some sort of corner piece. We we thinking a tall artsy conversation piece that someone might say "Wow" I can't believe she put THAT in there but it looks good". The whole room is appx 6' X 12-1/2'. The table measures 3X3. The rug we have ordered is for just under the table. It doesn't go the full room. It is a 5X8.
    Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 3:38PM
dogtop
I'm commenting on my own post. The photo of the sofa shows that around the left side of the sofa you can see into the extra space in the dining room. I can't change the table and chairs, can't do built in's. Have to work with less expensive things. The clutter is because she just moved in. She already has a free standing bar which in in a corner of her living room. It won't fit anywhere else.
    Bookmark   August 28, 2014 at 3:53PM