Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zohrehalaghemand

is copper sink still popular or not?

Zohreh Alaghemand
11 years ago
just checking where the market is going? Also is it more for Tuscany style house? can a traditional house use that or not?

Comments (11)

• Darzy
    11 years ago
    Copper is awesome. Is it right for your space? A photo is really needed.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    I agree, if a copper sink fits in with the style of your home and decor then it shouldn't be an issue.

Sink View · More Info
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
    Copper sinks add a charm to a kitchen whatever be the style .
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    I love copper sinks and use them often on my projects, I even have them in my own home. They are beautiful and practical. My favorite source for copper sinks is Native Trails, they have great products. Native Trails also makes a hammered nickel sink which works in transitional and traditional spaces. Here is their Houzz profile...
    http://www.houzz.com/pro/nativetrails/native-trails
    Hope that helps. Charmean Neithart
    Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info
  • PRO
    SINKOLOGY
    7 years ago

It's 2016 and we're growing strong. And we've seen copper sinks in Tuscany style homes, classic rustic kitchens, and everything in between

Customer Sinks · More Info

• peggy8080
    6 years ago

How does your sink hold up? I want a copper sink, we are remodeling our kitchen, but I've heard the most mixed reviews! I love the patina change and that doesn't bother me at all but I've heard the sink must stay dry at all times (unless washing dishes and then must be dried immediately after). We use our sink heavily, and will sometimes toss some dishes in and they may sit for several hours. After using dishes we may run water over them and leave them sit. Maybe rinse out a dog food can and let it sit in the sink. Will all of this ruin the sink? I've heard some need to be polished and some do not.

Any advice would be very helpful

• Linda Hankins Ransom
    6 years ago
    Are you aware you can not put bleach in a copper sink?
  • peggy8080
    6 years ago

No I was not aware of that. Thank you

• Linda Ransom
    6 years ago

Since I could not put bleach in copper sink I had to carry bucket to the bathroom to drain. Not easy to do.

• PRO
    SINKOLOGY
    6 years ago

From our experience with copper you don't need to dry copper sinks after using them...as long as you know that they are going to change color with time and use. The copper will change color when it comes in contact with water and air and we have found that it will change even if you try drying it after every use, but the color will always change back to a blended finish of dark antique copper colors. You should also be able to pour bleach down the drain, we've found that rinsing the sink out afterwards is the key, bleach can produce a very dark patina on the copper but it will disappear and blend in with the sink with a bit of use. You can polish copper and make it bright and shiny, but unless you seal it the darker colors on copper will come back. We have found that copper is easy to take care of as long as you know what to expect, it won't remain the same uniform color, but it will take care of itself. Of course this is our experience with pure, unsealed copper, results may vary depending on your own copper sink.