Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linamarcy

Please suggest area rug and wall art

Lola Lapolice
4 months ago

Dear experts,
I need help completing the look of my new airbnb. I am thinking of adding some color with area rugs, wall art, and maybe plants.
Thanks a tone in advance.

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 months ago

I would start with the art that space needs color for sure. Remove the clock hang art there . If at all possible lower the TV , remove the placemats form the table add a nice bowl of colored balls or what ever. Looks like concrete floors so you need more than one rug so those are the next thing to get and I would do shags to add some texture . Lighting is a must and the coffee table you have is pretty useless where it is . I would do 2 end tables with table lamps in the seating space no coffee table .I am puzzled that the DR has a lot more space than the LR . No fake plants please . I love the brick wall but those floors are awful so when possible I would do a nice LVP in a medium brow tone it adds warmth and a lot nicer for feet and backs and still easy to care for.

• Lola Lapolice
    Original Author
    4 months ago

@Patricia Colwell Consulting thanks for your comment. What color art should I go for? The flooring is in epoxy in color grey.

What should I have instead of that clock?

• PRO
    steveetheridge
    4 months ago

Would definitely define a color scheme before purchasing anything or as Patricia Colwell advised find a piece of artwork or a rug that you love and use the colors to inspire your other pieces that you furnish the place with.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Draw and measure the space please, not the posts accurately as well. You have no idea what size rugs, and neither do we. You have seating jammed to a corner.....: )

Add it below in a comment

• Maureen
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

I’d skip rug (if concerned about wear and tear and having to shampoo) and also having to keep plants alive, if not living nearby.

Try moving the couch to the left and place a floor lamp in the corner. A large piece of art on that wall (bold in any color/use some black) and add cushions to complement. Repeat the black when accessorizing elsewhere, as it will inject a modern feel.

I saw this on Instagram and if handy, would save you lots of money. Just need to build a frame and staplegun a shower curtain.

A mirror/console on brick wall would be handy and also provide some added personality.

Could add a centrepiece (doubling as a salad bowl when needed) on dining table and suggest rectangle placemats.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 months ago

I have adjusted some items in the TV viewing area. IMO a more solid drape should be used as a divider in this area. I don't think the sheers are working. If you want to keep them, then double them up either by placing more drapes on the rod, or placing two rods with drapes in the location.

I centered your sofa, pulling it away from the wall so there is room for a floor lamp in the corner. It creates a nice area for reading or viewing.

The lounge needs some type of table to place a drink or a book.

The wall can handle a large piece of art of your selecting

IMO a rug for this area is a must for sound. Here are two examples of how different colors would with the sofa and existing finishes.

• HU-227031627
    3 months ago

Seeing your floor made me think of insurance. Be sure that you have insurance that covers your place relative to rentals. If something happens to a renter, you want to make sure that you are covered--don't short cut to save money. Your floor looks slippery without rugs. You said that you intend to add them, but at my husband's office, there was someone with walking issues who tripped and slipped on a rug there. It was a huge deal.

• PRO
    Douglah Designs
    3 months ago

In addition to the artwork and side table you bought, we suggest a rug to help ground the TV area and perhaps a lamp as well. Adding some pillows on the sectional should help too. Please note our designs included below:

Wine Country Charm · More Info

Scandinavian Delight · More Info

Contemporary Renovation · More Info

• PRO
    Breathe Design Studio
    2 months ago

What about adding a rug with some texture and instead of a side table, maybe look at a C-table or two?

Mueller Modern Scandinavian Farmhouse · More Info

Contemporary Living Room · More Info

• Lola Lapolice
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Hi all, thanks for all your suggestions. I am not done but wanted to show you how the place looks now.

• Lola Lapolice
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Any other suggestion is welcome. The floor is not slippery at all.