Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarablix70

sarablix70
12 years ago
How is kitchen dealt with as there is no fan above the cooktop?
Woodinville Retreat · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    User
    12 years ago
    There is a downdraft vent system that raises up behind the induction cooktop when cooking is in progress. Homeowner loves the setup since this is a very open space - functionality has been perfect for them.
  • sarablix70
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    thanks- planning a new house and this is helpful info
  • saraj727
    11 years ago
    Beautiful space! We are designing a new home. I am considering an induction cooktop instead of gas. Can you put a drawer directly below the induction cooktop? I noticed there appears to have a drawer here but I didnt know if was fake. Please and Thank you!
  • PRO
    User
    11 years ago
    Thank you! It's recommended that drawers not be installed under cooktops. The "drawer" in the photo is a panel but is treated with hardware for aesthetic purposes only. I would suggest you speak with your cabinet builder or appliance installer too! Best of luck to you on your project! -Sarah
  • PRO
    Shawna Cameron Photography
    10 years ago
    Thanks for your endless patience in answering all these questions! I came searching specifically to see if my question - are the clients happy with their pop-up downdraft vent and what make and model is it - have been mostly answered. If you've heard back that they've decided they wouldn't do the pop-up vent next time, an update would be great as we're waffling on pop-up vs hood fan. My first choice - a ceiling extractor - is turning out to be very hard to source in North America!

Beautiful project overall! You did a lovely job!