Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktfranz

Need help with bedroom - bedding

ktfranz
10 years ago
I am redoing my bedroom and have already purchased curtains (pictured) and a bed (link below). We are going to paint the walls a light taupe color, and have gold accents around the room (lamps, etc). My question is what to do for bedding? I am unsure if I should do a white duvet w/ colored sheets, or a magenta color (like the embroidery on the curtains) with white sheets. Or something completely different. Please help! Keep in mind that this room is for a 17 year old. Thanks in advance :-)

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/TRIBECCA-HOME-Queen-size-Poster-Bed/4765274/product.html?refccid=LDXLOFJ2UAMZL4CCZBXJRUGZRA&searchidx=0

Comments (10)

• Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    White sheets and either green or magenta duvet.
    ktfranz thanked Dar Eckert
  • yoboseiyo
    10 years ago
    white sheets and magenta or green duvet cover!
    or a magenta duvet and a green throw.

i love those sheers. be aware though, that they won't block any light, so the morning sun will wake you up BIG TIME. you might want to look into having either a roman shade of some kind for light control, or a blind behind them.
    ktfranz thanked yoboseiyo
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 years ago
    The curtains are beautiful, as is the bed. Because they're both ornate, I'd go with bedding that can make it's own statement without intruding on the accents and colors you've already established. Something elegant and simple that compliments and enhances the curtains and bed. The duvet is chambray gray with ochre tones. And sheets....definitely white!

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
    ktfranz thanked Thos. Baker
  • mcqk
    10 years ago
    White sheets for the win. Sheets need to be washed, and often, and printed cotton just can't take the wear. I think I read somewhere that the average human sweats 8 ounces a night, and that's the lowest estimate I can find.

Plus, in every luxury hotel in the world I have ever stayed in, the sheets are always white. Hoteliers know how to manage beds.

Go with white sheets. Target has (or used to have) nice thread-count sheets.
    ktfranz thanked mcqk
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    White and don't forget to add magenta accent pillows, and perhaps a white flokati rug. Silver would be my choice in metals rather than gold.
    ktfranz thanked decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    White sheets for the win! I love it! Mcqk has made another great point -- thread count. The higher, the better, and softer with every wash. Does the average human really sweat 8 ounces every night?!

I agree with decoenthusiaste....go silver.

ktfranz thanked Thos. Baker
  • mcqk
    10 years ago
    @Christi @ Thos. Baker

Try this google search. how much does a human sweat during sleep. I told you, I was using the low #!

Seriously, we sweat a lot while sleeping and it's normal and good for our health. But for that reason, we also need sheets that can take a bashing. High-thread white cotton sheets for the winner. And you can find them at budget-friendly prices. Target used to have 500-count sheets until I bought up their inventory (jk, three sets). Before that, I had some patterned sheets from a well-known site that I am just going to alias as "C&B." Those sheets were rough and got rougher every time I washed them on the delicate cycle.

The Target sheets were so comfortable by comparison. I was in love the first night I slept in them (after washing them once).
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 years ago
    Ktfranz, I hope we've been helpful. I have no doubt this room is going to turn out beautifully. If you have any other questions, or we can be of further help, just let us know!

Mcqk, I'll google it -- but I believe you!

• Mark
    10 years ago
    Beautiful choice for drapes. I would go with a duvet that is white with a bit of pattern that picks up the magenta color in the curtains. I would also bring out some of the green that is in the curtains into the room as well, not alot of the green but just enough to tie it in, for example a throw pillow on the bed. Good luck !