Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soniasmc

Are the cabinet doors made of wood or MDF? Thank you

Sonia
10 years ago
We are remodeling and love white kitchens but I've been reading about hairline cracks on painted wood and my cabinet designer insist on using MDF instead, because I won't have any problems with cracks. I saw one MDF door and it the edges and not as sharp. They are more rounded, like a thermofoil door.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Barrington, RI Kitchen · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Venegas and Company
    10 years ago
    These are solid paint grade maple doors. Wood is a natural material and yes, there is always the potential for small seams to appear where a joint has been made. There is a higher risk of this happening if you experience all four seasons - wood moves as the temperature changes. If this is a huge concern for you, you should definitely consider MDF doors. You should definitely speak with your kitchen designer and cabinet maker directly - they will help you make the best decision!
    Sonia thanked Venegas and Company
  • scooper25
    9 years ago
    Love this look! Can you please tell me the color and brand of cabinets? Thank you
  • PRO
    Venegas and Company
    9 years ago
    Thank you! These cabinets were designed by us here at Venegas and Company and built by one of our cabinet makers, Premier Custom Built. The finish is done at the factory, and it was a color we formulated with our cabinet makers. Good luck with your project!