Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

Houzz quiz: What should your front door color be?

Jeannie Nguyen
10 years ago
There's lots of colors, which one will you end up with? Take the quiz and tell us what color you got and if it matches the one you have now. Feel free to snap a photo of your own front door too!

Take the quiz here: http://bit.ly/1lL4qEe

Miller's Meadow Farm Entry · More Info

Comments (91)

• Lynn Roots
    10 years ago
    What about someone like me who has double frosted glass, French doors?
  • gjolin
    10 years ago
    I got red..but my house is red!
  • Amy Baker
    10 years ago
    I got Red. But my house is red. I'm not sure if that would be too much red together.
  • tudmudge
    10 years ago
    I got red, but wanted blue. My door is blond wood. Can't wait to change it but have to save up to move the front door to the other end of the wall. Someday. And it will be blue.
  • R Thomas Rainbow
    10 years ago
    Our door is dark bottle green - the same colour that most doors in Amsterdam are painted. We fell in love with it on a trip and decided to copy it. It's now spreading along the street.....!
  • PRO
    FK Interior Design
    10 years ago
    Blue for me!
  • Linda English
    10 years ago
    The exact opposite of the color I have, black which matches the brick; quiz says white.
  • adb123123
    10 years ago
    Does this quiz work on tablets? I can't get it to open...
  • Dorothy Vannan
    10 years ago
    A Classic Black is always in season
  • freeindian
    10 years ago
    Eaglenester, I love your door!
  • isabellemercier1234
    10 years ago
    Orange! Incredible. My front door is indeed orange.
  • lellogirl
    10 years ago
    I just decided to paint my door green last week, and it does indeed say I should choose green -- quite nice!
  • Anne
    10 years ago
    Quiz said my door should be red. It's dark green and we love the color. So much for the quiz!
  • doubledee53
    10 years ago
    smileyface2013, the color is called Classical Gold by Sherwin Williams but I don't think they make it anymore. Couldn't find it in my color deck.
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    10 years ago
    Yellow is very cheerful and inviting. I also like lite blue
  • User
    10 years ago
    My Sherwin Williams store still has an old fan deck they can use to color match. The formulas have changed so using the old recipes won't produce the same results, that's why they should color match instead.
  • PRO
    DSC DesignWorks
    10 years ago
    I got black.
  • elklaker
    10 years ago
    Good Grief! White? Makes me sound so dull. I would NEVER have a white door. It's red both here and at the lake. If I could, I would repaint every white door that I ever saw. Zzzzzz!
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    I got blue. My door is turquoise.
  • baingram
    9 years ago
    I got orange, I never ever would chose orange, mine is black - as is my dining room and my eating area chairs and .........
  • shars55
    9 years ago
    I got black, but a black door would look horrible on my house. Mine is brown.
  • FRANCES
    9 years ago
    Double white french doors are in place, never to be painted orange.!
  • PRO
    Images by N'neka
    9 years ago
    My door is still white ( underneath all the dirt & pollen) but I've been wanting to paint if. I was just looking at front door pictures last night and saw a blued door I like. My husband and I both agreed that was a good color.
  • glensheeaussies
    9 years ago
    None of the answers to choose came even close to what I would answer - so I guess my door stays the colour it is for now. Cranberry.
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    doubledee53, looks like they still have it, look at this http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/26773_Sherwin-Williams-SW2831-Classical-Gold
    Ours has been a light cream and the front is all brick, but the siding was a deeper cream but after 20 years seems to have faded. I've been trying to figure out what color front door to get once we replace it hopefully this year. I was thinking a green door, now that I see your gold, it may be an option too :)
  • Donna Beaty
    9 years ago
    Mine is black but soon going to be Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore.
  • Shannon Tara
    9 years ago
    i got "orange"….so not anything i would choose! our front door is new…and it's black!
  • johnnj
    9 years ago
    In Ireland, front doors are painted red to ward-off ghosts and evil spirits.

Ancient Chinese believed that mirrors frightened away evil spirits who were scared by their own appearance.

I like to cover all bases. My red front door opens to a mirror.
  • PRO
    Unconscious On Canvas
    9 years ago
    I like glass - I drew the angels and they were etched in glass. There are LED lights that were set into the molding of the door to illuminate the angels at night.
  • mwatocean
    9 years ago
    I got Blue! I love Blue!
  • paugeri
    9 years ago
    I got green, and my front door is a color I mixed up to go with the lichen on the trees...a beautiful pale green- blue.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Not very good choices . I love golf , reading and cooking. These were never even mentioned for interests Bah Humbug
  • larkspurproject
    9 years ago
    My quiz results indicated yellow. Nice but not even close to my black door. LOVE my new black door! What did the quiz suggest for black door owner types? Just curious...
  • nooralhuda
    9 years ago
    My quiz results blue door
  • Angie Boyd
    9 years ago
    Red for this door... Mine is peachy orange.. And will be changed soon
  • christiepearson
    9 years ago
    My color was blue. I'm not a Huge blue fan but I have used it more over the years. I love green! Anyway here is my house, clearly a work in progress. We moved here for the land and to not be right on top of our neighbors. We are slowly updating inside and out. We haven't really started on landscaping yet either, still working on the house. Anyway, we gave the house a porch. It had nothing but very skinny poles. I still need to get the stained glass removed.
    We had the whole house painted (brick and wood) this beautiful color by Sherwin Williams. It has been quite a shock to some of my neighbors. They thought I had lost my mind to paint the brick. I want a new front door and I want to paint it to add interest but really not sure what color. I guess blue would be safe but I do have so many green accents and I lean towards purple, white and green in flower beds. Would love some advice and I love all the comments people are making. It's quite helpful to read and see other peoples viewpoints.
  • mwatocean
    9 years ago
    I think a purple door would pop! Great color.
  • Shanny Teh
    9 years ago
    I got blue
  • zukpr
    9 years ago
    Mine said red, but on many of those questions-I wanted to answer "other" or "none of the above". :-/
  • hensons
    9 years ago
    yellow
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    Doubledee53, you inspired me to go buy SW Classical Gold for my door and Classical White for my sidelights :) [houzz=
    Front Door options · More Info
    ]
  • Agus Space
    9 years ago
    Red!
    Or natural Wood
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    9 years ago
    The one with Classical Gold looks very unique.

J Design Group, Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida. http://www.JDesignGroup.com
  • Linda English
    9 years ago
    Very nice entry. I like the rounded steps to the straight door. My walk-up has no visual appeal...it's all straight lines... and that is a project on the list.
  • diyher
    9 years ago
    as for the rounded step, I'm pretty sure we had 2 options for the step when the house was built. For some reason the design of the house seemed to fit the rounded step better than I thought a square step.
  • Katniss Everdeen
    9 years ago
    Blue
  • Katniss Everdeen
    9 years ago
    A fun color. Your favorite color. What ever color you want!!!!
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    9 years ago
    Red for me or a bright color.
  • Kersten Fitzgerald
    9 years ago
    I predicted red, have always wanted a red front door, and guess what...
    Your front door color should be … Red!
    Red: You are driven and successful, but you also know the importance of taking time to enjoy life. You’re not afraid to make a bold statement and notice beauty in the world. You appreciate family and friends and like to entertain in your tastefully decorated home. Your door should be red.
  • PRO
    Lewis Design-Build-Remodel
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Here's what the survey says: Your front door color should be … Blue!
    Blue: You are a loyal, faithful and caring member of your family and community. You’re easygoing and laid back, but have been known to surprise your friends with your unexpected talent at many things. Your door should be blue.

It is actually very true to my demeanor