Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

How hands-on do you want to be with your project?

Houzz Polls
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
From new construction to smaller remodeling projects, decor changes and landscaping, do you want to run the show or do you want to stay out of sight?

Choose the option that best describes you:

Country Houses · More Info
Extremely hands-on - I like to drive the project from start to finish.
Somewhat hands-on - I'll make the big decisions, but don't bother me with a lot of details.
Hands-off - My builder, designer, contractor can handle things. I'll see you on moving day!

Comments (20)

• Roxanne Stiles_Donnelly
    11 years ago
    Love the ceiling!!!
  • Keerthi Naidu
    11 years ago
    My family is VERY hands on. If my mom could do construction herself, she totally would.
  • Momof5x
    11 years ago
    My hubby will be with the project from start to finish making sure the fine details like tiling, electricity sockets, windows etc are all done properly. He is doing that with our new home presently. He knows his stuff so will want to make sure it is all done well. I am fortunate in that regards that he takes control, otherwise I would be the second one -for which I voted- as I would have to trust the experts in their area of work, and just have my say where I think would be needed.
  • tbetar
    11 years ago
    Stunningly beautiful! Love the chairs!
  • tex1234
    11 years ago
    awsome just my style
  • Ann Smitt
    11 years ago
    To cut costs we have to be hands-on for most projects. It's a matter of budget. For projects we can't tackle (roof, bathroom, electrical) we hire a pro.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    Similar to myosotis's comment. Just seeing things done your way is extremely satisfying.
  • ikwewe
    11 years ago
    I like being in on design decisions that come up along the way. Letting the contractor do those would not make me happy. Things like, where do you want the pebble border, how about if we make it backsplash on the counter and keep it the same level all the way around? Or how to make the corners work when you have the pebbles? Or, setting the bar between the kitchen and living room, how far into the living room? How long to hang the pendants over the bar? Trim or accent color on the windowsills? And so on.
  • PRO
    Sacred Spaces Home & Garden
    11 years ago
    My husband and I are extremely hands on from start to finish.
  • hobi Omri
    11 years ago
    nice
  • PRO
    Shannon Ggem Design
    11 years ago
    I love all three types of clients! Hands on because thestreet the design in interesting new directions, major decision makers because details are my favorite thing, and hands off because it gives me room to stretch and challenge myself so they LOVE it! All have different pressures and benefits!
  • Lynda Cherbonneau
    11 years ago
    Nice
  • Lynda Cherbonneau
    11 years ago
    Nice
  • Faireden
    11 years ago
    I hire them to know the "how" I will decide the "what." Why build if someone else makes all the decisions - might as well save yourself a headache and buy a preexisting house. Same thing for the small projects if a person doesn't know how they would like it to be different why not leave it the way that it is?
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    You have to be hands on. If you don't vote, you can't complain about the laws.
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    11 years ago
    No way I could be be anything other than hands on!
  • Vicki Jackson
    11 years ago
    So hands on that most projects are done ourselves. We just remodeled one bathroom and added a bathroom in the basement this past year. Only needed a plumber for 1 hour to check our work. Most home improvement jobs can be done by us. Why pay someone else to do what we can do?
  • PRO
    Contempo Space
    11 years ago
    You can never have too many hands on a project!
  • lsmatthys
    7 years ago

Can't get much more hands on than we are: http://lindamatthys.wixsite.com/home-improvement