Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carazy1

Family room turned great room, how do we furnish?

Cara Fernandez
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I have a room adjacent to my kitchen and kitchenette area that we have removed the walls so now it is one great room. Not sure what to do for furniture. It isn't quite finished, but I am anxious to get ideas on how to arrange furniture. We will still reface the fireplace brick, it will be limestone seagrass, paint walls and new built in cabinets, finish the floors, t.v. installed on the large opening on the left side of the fireplace. I want to keep the room "open" and there is only one wall to place furniture. The other two walls have a sliding glass door, and fireplace with built ins. This room will be mostly for my daughters to watch t.v., we did have a craft table in there before so would be nice to be able to bring that back in. My kids are still young 9 & 7, so their easel is a must. The room will be used to play Wii, hang with their friends, and also when we entertain, since it is so close to the kitchen, people usually gather in this area. That is what inspired the wall removal. We also will get a new kitchen table, and possibly new breakfast bar stools. I was thinking that I would love a cozy room that would be fun for the kids and adults as well. Suggestions on window treats will be great too! I have taken photos from each corner of the area. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Oh... btw... my "style" is transitional, I love aspects of both contemporary and traditional. The size of the actual family room is appx. 17 feet x 11.5 feet = appx. 195 sq. ft. Another thing... I originally wanted a cozy fluffy carpeted room before the wall came down, so when thinking of furniture, I think I would love a shag type area rug. I imagine some sleep overs with girls sitting around on the floor as well.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH