Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gina_marie88

LUXOR serenity collection ONE piece MDF door

Gina Marie
last month

We are doing a huge kitchen renovation and would like to know if anyone has experience with LUXOR cabinets or a one piece mdf doors. Our kitchen is 21x28 so its a huge project and we want something thats going to last long term. The KD told us LUXOR one piece doors in the serenity colleciton would be best because we want painted cabinets and there would be no cracking at all. He also said LUXOR is one of the best high end brands but there is not much about them online . They come with 3/4 plywood boxes and Hettich door hinges and slides. Blum is an option for the drawer slides also if we want to change its no cost. Any insight is appreciated. If anyone has pictures of this brand especially in the "DORA" door would love to see it thats the door were looking at. Thanks

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month
    last modified: last month

IMO plywood boxes are not the ideal and is this your actul independant KD doing this design and reccommending cabinets is the guy from the Loxor store. IMO a 5 yr warranty is pretty poor if you think the best you can get . I use Ikea for many kitchens I design a 25 yr warranty and lots of choice . I have clients tah have had the same Ikea cabinets for almost 25 yrs and they had 5 kids that grew up in that kitchen. I agree MDF is the right choice for painted cabinets but I much prfer a high gloss finish on a slab door instaed of regular paint which to me looks cheap usually . I alsways prefer Blum hardware too. I looked at the door online it does nothing for me but thta is personal this is my kitcen with high gloss whate from Ikea my kitcehn is 17 yrs old and I run a catering biz from my home so these get lots of action not one nick or hinge or drawerr issue in all that time .BTW this pic was taken 2 yrs ago.

• Gina Marie
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you for the information. It is an independent kitchen place they sell many brands of cabinetry. May I ask what boxes are best for the kitchen if not plywood? I don’t know much about all this. Luxor they told me has a lifetime warranty. I did not look at ikea but will take a look your kitchen looks great

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last month

I ahve never had an issue with actual particle board coated with laminate for boxes I think there are too many different places thta are called Luxor so I could nave been mixed up with the warranty . I have many happy clients with Ikea they do have a limited choice in colors and materilas but I have always been able to find something my clients like and for sure the pricing. Most of my clients have chosen to assemble the cabinets themselves and I always use the same installer when I had my business in Calgary because he understood you cannot improve on the way Ikea is installed and honestly a couple of my clients installed almost entirely by them selves . The new line from Ikea is even easier to istall now . Not sure how much you want to do but putting them together is kind of fun after the 3 rd one and saves money Ikea also offers an install

too. Even a design service if you find it hard to find a designer that has used them..