Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisnkeri

Does this house need shutters

keri helton
10 years ago
Our origianl plans did not call for shutters on our house, but it just looks like something is missing. The landscaping will help, i just think it needs shutters, my husband does not. Opinions please
Yes
No

Comments (14)

• PRO
    purehome
    10 years ago
    I think you both will be happy once the landscaping is completed. Once you have beautiful trees, plants and shrubs in place your house will look like the image I attached!

You have a most beautiful home by the way!

Tony Vincente, ASID
    Lifestyle Expert, Interior Decorator and Creator of gorgeous things
    www.purehome.com
    keri helton thanked purehome
  • keri helton
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    That is our first step. Hoping to get it in this month. Thank you for your suggestions
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    10 years ago
    A nice idea, but there really isn't enough room. Beautiful house.
    keri helton thanked Darla Scheuerman
  • User
    10 years ago
    Beautiful lanterns, large pots of greenery or flowers, traditional benches and rockers, and landscaping will make your home a show stopper.
    Suburban DC - Cahill Residence · More Info
    keri helton thanked User
  • PRO
    All Around Grounds
    10 years ago
    definitely need to complete landscaping first
    keri helton thanked All Around Grounds
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    10 years ago
    If there are any other houses in your neighborhood look and see if they have shutters if so then yes ,otherwise it will look odd
    keri helton thanked Brandi Nash Hicks
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    10 years ago
    I think definitely shutters ,looks like our local dentist office without
  • lzdarling
    10 years ago
    I think it will look alright once landscaping is in - as others have said, mix low and high greenery. Focus on a couple of tall ones particularly between the outermost windows. Think it'll be the final touch you're looking for. You could always add shutters down the road if you're not pleased.
    keri helton thanked lzdarling
  • PRO
    Brindisi Builders
    10 years ago
    I agree with Barbara .....landscaping would def help.....the more extreme solution would be a larger more dramatic A for the porch roof..
    keri helton thanked Brindisi Builders
  • Brandi
    10 years ago
    I'm no pro but I wouldn't do shutters. I agree with the first comment. It would be shutter window shutter window and so on. Once you landscape you will be so happy with it. It's a beautiful home and to cover it up with shutters would take away from the beauty. That's just my own opinion. Good luck with what you decide.
    keri helton thanked Brandi
  • AJ
    10 years ago
    go with the landscaping first..then see what you think. I think you will be happy with the results.
    keri helton thanked AJ
  • PRO
    fidei architecture
    10 years ago
    I think - Adding a frezze board between the roof structure and the columns would make a big difference. Shutters could help also.
    keri helton thanked fidei architecture
  • skygirl130
    10 years ago
    No to Shutters. Yes to Railing on porch to connect columns and try landscaping beds with curves out from the home, no box-ey square look but a layered high to medium to low foliage heights will really make your home stand out and apart.
    keri helton thanked skygirl130