Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanjamax

Brass Curio Cabinets

sanjamax
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hi Everyone:

I recently purchased two narrow curio cabinets (glass shelves, mirrored back) for our dining room. While it seemed like a great idea at the time, once the pieces were set up in our dining room, I began to wonder if they are a bit too much. Or maybe I just need to fill it with the right stuff? What do you think? I'm wondering if I should age the brass (which I hate to do, given the $ I spent on them).

Here's a bit of context. French doors lead to our living room (doors have some glass with an antique brass trim). Our living room also has a few small brass/goldish accents that fit the decor of the room. The living room then opens up to the dining room.

I've attached photos here. Our chandelier, which really is the show piece of the dining room, doesn't really come though that well in the pics. I'm also questioning whether the bling of the chandelier clashes with the shiny (eek) curios.

Also, I haven't really curated the items in the curios that much. I basically threw a whole bunch of things in, just to see how they'd look with "stuff" in them. Hopefully, a more thoughtful collection of items will serve the overall look better. I just don't want my dining room to look like it came from the Liberace collection!

Thank you for reading!

NB: As with the living room, our dining room is yet to be fully "finished" (i.e. area rugs, art etc.).

Comments (10)