Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pannemieke

Interior Paint Color or Colors, HELP!!!

We are building a new home that was supposed to be a log cabin but ended up being a stick build with midcentury square lines, square white trimmed windows, lots of them, light natural matt wood flooring and a 24 x 12 black pin stripped tiled see-through fireplace tiled from floor to ceiling (living room and master suite). The bathroom and mudroom tile is brown with some black vines. The counters, island and backsplash is a black and white granite with metallic brown movement. Interior doors and trims are all white and/or frosted glass. All accessories are chrome. All appliances are black, including the sink. The cabinet wood grain and stain have not been chosen as of yet.

We are at drywall stage. We are also building with a walkout, well lit basement, new for us. Windows are on all sides, large number face south overlooking a well treed area. In the end we find we are mid century modern with tastes towards craftsmen and Frank Lloyd Wright in direction.

We are to use Sherman Williams with white ceiling and wood trim (trim will all be square with no rounded edges). At first I was thinking of a more camel hair coat tan/brown shade but now worry too much yellow to green. Prefer to stay away from green, yellow or oranges. Would prefer to use a rich, elegant, enhancing wall color then be able to change out my palette with my pillows, blankets, and accessories. Paint color is to be light reflective but not glaring or boring. Rich color but not dark and depressing. Our last home had lots of color, too much bright primary colors and eventually kept one rich yellow. I think tones in the sepia would be interesting because we like mahogany and walnuts furniture but do not want to pigeon hole myself into one wood friendly color. I've been told to pick just one color but I just can't. I am asking for your help to find a main floor, main rooms colors then a lovely accent color in the bathrooms. Or use one main color on the main floor then a second color in the basement.

Comments (3)