Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcatherine

Cabinets

Daisy Harper
9 years ago
Love the cabinets! What style/brand are they?
Joan n Rich's Masterbath · More Info

Comments (6)

• Daisy Harper
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick reply. My husband & I just bought an old 1900s farmhouse & are working on a kitchen remodel right now. It's not our big/dream kitchen yet but something to improve & meet our families needs until we're able to do the big remodel :)

We're working with the design team at Lowe's (our friend is the store manager & giving us an amazing deal). They said they were wanting to go with Diamond cabinets so I started looking at them online last night but kind got overwhelmed with all the choices lol I think I'm leaning towards the Selena or Liberty style & in coconut amaretto creme. I love the Liberty style but I really want to do beadboard for the backsplash & feel like that might be too much having breadboard on the cabinets as well :/ Decisions decisions lol

Well I love your work, it looks amazing! What type of flooring is this?
  • PRO
    TRS Designs, Inc (Kitchens, Baths, & More)
    9 years ago
    Thanks again for the compliments on my work.

Sounds like a LOT of beadboard... it will be interesting to see what kind of solution the 'design team' at Lowe's comes up with for you. It would also be very interesting (to me at least) to see what the pricing comes to with the discount you are getting, as compared to my pricing.

The Diamond line they carry isn't 100% exactly the same, but it's close enough. And I would be careful advertising that your friend is helping you on the pricing, as they could get in some serious trouble for doing so. I knew people that got fired from there for less.

This flooring is a ceramic tile in a woodlook plank style. I unfortunately don't have the brand/pattern info as this client procured the tile themselves from an unknown source. You can however find this style/type of tile at pretty much every flooring place you might visit.

Thomas Richard
    TRS Designs, Inc.
  • Daisy Harper
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Oh no, I will be careful...I would hate for anything like that to happen! We bought all our appliances & everything for our kitchen remodel through Lowe's so they just gave us a discount for doing the whole shebang with them :) We've got 5 little ones so every little bit we can save really helps!

I know, I'm excited to see what they come up with also. I think I'm leaning towards the Selena style cabinet with the beadboard backsplash....we'll see what I finally decide on :) Thank you again for your time & replies! I'll be sure to post pictures once our project is complete!
  • Daisy Harper
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I love the flooring! I really wanted to do brick flooring in our kitchen/mud room area but it's an add on and the construction was not done very well...the floors have lots of hills & valleys "/ I'm kinda leaning towards the plank vinyl to match the original hardwood floors we refinished in the rest of the house. Have you had any experience with them??
  • PRO
    TRS Designs, Inc (Kitchens, Baths, & More)
    9 years ago
    No matter what kind of floor you put in, it should be installed on a level surface. If you don't level the subfloor, the hills and valleys would be even more noticeable with a vinyl plank than it would with Brick look tiles as they can back-butter the tiles a little heavy with thinset to account for some deviation in the subfloor. This isn't the best way to do it, but some people do it that way. Still better to start with a smooth, level surface in my opinion, so much in fact that I often include leveling the subfloor in my estimates, just in case it is needed, and if it's not needed then the client will get back a little of their budget.