Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Have: done with plant swap, have lots of extras

girlsingardens
16 years ago

We got done with our plant swap and I came home with lots of extras. We had around 10 gardeners show up and all of us brought lots of plants, we only had one that showed up and just was looking for plants. I wish we could have gotten more new gardeners because we had so many extras. Here is a list of what I have left from my gardens and others:

Lambs ear

Salvia- dark purple blooming

miniature dark purple iris

Pink, 2 tone yellow, peach, and white with peach falls iris

hens and chicks

variety packs of 10 sedums

garlic chives

white obedient plant

rudebeckia golden glow

Phlox- purple, and white with hot pink centers

Asters- hot pink, white and lavender colored

artemesia wormwood

grape hycinths

naked ladies/surprise lillies/ resurection lillies

rhubarb

columbine

tall yellow daylillies

assorted peony plants

I am looking for any kind of hostas, we are planting a shade garden at our town's children's playground and also around the buildings there. Any other easy to care for shade plants.

Also looking for herbs especially lavenders, thymes, oragano, garlic, different mints. We are planting herbs at the school for a senses garden for the kids and also need to redo my herb garden.

Lastely would be any tiger, asiatic, oriental or easter lillies. I would like to make a new garden with just lillies in them with a ground cover, will probably use sedums.

Thanks for looking and hope to find homes for these lonely plants. Hope to do some larger trades.

Comments (26)

• jean_mdc
    16 years ago

Greetings
    I would take a flat rate box of
    hens and chicks
    variety packs of 10 sedums
    grape hyacinths
    naked ladies
    columbine

In exchange I will send you a $8 flat rate box filled with the following shade plants for the shade garden... miniature lady's mantle, pulmonaria, tiarella,, yellow celandine poppy, small white blooming edging plant, black/green ajuga and 2 ostrich ferns.

They are all hardy in zone 5 and I have them all in my shade garden.

Jean near Albany NY

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I sent you an email.
    Karyn

• jen_frazier
    15 years ago

i would be interested in the peonies!

i have a couple of hostas and a lot of tall bearded iris to offer in trade.

Jennifer

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

I am interested in your:

miniature dark purple iris. Pink, 2 tone yellow, peach, and white with peach falls iris

I have to offer in trade: violets, Clara Curtis Mums and various spiderworts for your shade area.

Peggy

• retsec
    15 years ago

Sent you email.

• busylizzy
    15 years ago

sedums and lambs ears
    hostas I have, green with white

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi if your NE stands for New England, I would love to hear where the plant swap was..I am in RI..maybe I could attend next time ?

• girlsingardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

FLwrs4ever,

Sorry but NE is for Nebraska. You are more than welcome to join us next time but it might be a little bit of a road trip:) I was the one to organize the swap in our community. Maybe you could do the same in your community. Just let me know if you want me to help you out in how to organize a swap.

Stacie
    girlsingarden

• gnomey
    15 years ago

I would love some peonys and rudebeckia golden glow. I could send solomon's seal and variegated solomon's seal that are easy and tough shade plants.

• kandaceshirley
    15 years ago

where in Nebraska? I've been looking for a place to swap

• flower_lover_ga
    15 years ago

I would love to have some of your flowers is there are still some left.

Miniature Dark Purple Iris
    tall yellow daylillies
    pink 2 tone yellow and white with peach iris'
    phlox purple with hot pink centers.
    I am new so could I send you postage for the flowers?
    TIA.
    Glad the swap went well, I wanted to attend, it was to far for me. Maybe next time.
    Flower_lover

• Susan Garrison
    15 years ago

I'm interested in the 10-sedum variety pack, wormwood artemesia, rhubarb, columbine, and white with peach falls iris. I have chocolate mint, spearmint, peppermint, apple mint, lemon balm, and elephant garlic.

• lois_zone3
    15 years ago

would love the naked ladies and tall yellow daylilies. I have bishop's weed -- great for shade -- gets 18" tall, varigated cream and green. can send a bunch of it (20+ plants). AKA snow on the mountian. let me know and thanks -- also like your white phlox!

lois

• deewah
    15 years ago

Hi, Im from Mass. How often do you have plant swaps and do you have any stuff left over for postage?

• plantbug
    15 years ago

I am interested in these plants:
    Salvia- dark purple blooming
    rudebeckia golden glow
    Phlox- purple, and white with hot pink centers
    columbine

I have hosta and companion native plants. LMK plantbug

• gardenbud
    15 years ago

Hi!!! I would really be interested in the peonies. Do you have red?? If not...what color??? Sedum is of interest. Is the purple phlox tall??? or what???

I have beautiful lavender irises, various hostas, and maybe an astible.

Would love to make a trade.

Garden bud,
    Faye

• girlsingardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I do have lily of the valley pink and white mixed to add to my list. I have enough hostas thanks to a friend and some wonderful traders out there.

I am still looking for shade plants, and herbs except oragano at this time

Stacie

• flower_lover_ga
    15 years ago

Hi I posted above but am aware after looking I have endless hydrangea that has made it's own offshoot, and I have 2 lg clumps of lavender I can remove some and it will root. If these are what you want for a swap email me.
    Linda
    flower_lover

• twobitfarmwife
    15 years ago

HI:
    I am in Nebraska also and would love to know where to go for a swap. Do you have plants left or am I to late??

• girlsingardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Twobitfarmwife,

I would love to email you but you have no email listed in garden web. Email me at girlsingardens @yahoo.com and we can talk. I live in Ansley Nebraska. If you email me maybe we can share plants.

Stacie

• kandaceshirley
    15 years ago

I wish there was a Nebraska forum like for the other midwestern states. I'm in Tekamah and have a few shade perennials. Are there any particular types of shade plants you're looking for? I have some astilbe, coral bells (3 kinds), spiderwort, virginia bluebells, beacon silver, jacob's ladder, bleeding heart, lilly of the valley, soapwort, and quite a few others.

• lisa0102
    15 years ago

Would love to have all your iris's, mini and tall. Also would like to have naked ladies. I have a Japanese Painted fern that would look and do great in your shade garden. I also have yellow, pink, and orange asiatic lilies. We could do a flat rate box. Hope to hear from you!

• marcia1217
    15 years ago

hi
    I have lavender if u wuld like to trade for phlox...tha's all i have on your list
    thanx
    marcia

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Hi Stacie,
    I hope that all is well. I thought that maybe you didn't get my email and hoped you might check here. I wanted to know when you will be sending out your end of our trade.
    Thanks,
    Karyn

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Do you by chance have anything left still?
    Vic

• girlsingardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This offer is closed.

Stacie
    girlsingardens

Sponsored