Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccaissie

Newbie with oodles of plants

ccaissie
11 years ago

I'll keep researching this exchange website, but it looks like listing available plants is done within a posting.

If there's a better way to list my offerings, please advise.

I have numerous narcissus, (one oldie that defies i.d.)several old roses, one centifolia soon to be identified, Explorer roses and 7 Sisters/ Grevillei.

As I learn better propagation technique, I'll be able to provide starts.

Would like to meet others in Lincoln County Maine area, and view their gardens, while opening up my areas for sharing.

thanks,

Colin

Comments (4)

• illinoisdoglover
    11 years ago

Welcome to GW. I am interested in your daffodils, take them all. check out my trade list. thank you e-mail me at; flowersbytheriver2@comcast.net

• kayjones
    11 years ago

WELCOME!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

You are doing it right. In my opinion it works best if you use a subject like this
    HAVE: narcissus, roses, centifolia, Grevillei
    A lot of people "scan" and pass by any posts that seem general.
    You can also go to the bottom of the page and click on Member Pages. Then click on Exchange Lists and put these flowers in the correct list (seeds to trade, seeds wanted, plants to trade, plants wanted). Then if another member does a search they can connect with you. People want to know what you would like in return before they contact you. If you want to know what people have to trade click on (My Page) close to their name at the top of the message. Then you can click on 'email' or 'trade list'. It can be the best way to contact people becasue then it's not listed here for all the world to see. You can work out details between the 2 of you.
    Since some of your plants don't have an id you can open an account at photobucket, copy the html code and include that in your seed/plant lists. Then people can see just what they look like and you don't have to come up with the exact words to describe "light blue". ha A picture is worth 1,000 words. Here's what it would look like:
    {{gwi:51466}}
    We're glad to have you. I like this site and it's very user friendly. People here love to share their seeds and stories!
    If I'm too bossy, please excuse me.
    One of the favorites is the Secret Santa Swap so look for that when it closer to Christmas!
    Heidi

• gottagarden
    11 years ago

You might want to try the new england forum for connecting with others from Maine.

Here is a link that might be useful: new england forum

Sponsored