Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
petuniaxyz

Hedges gone - we need privacy

petuniaxyz
12 years ago

We have lived in our NYC suburban home for 30 + years. The neighbor behind us just cut down a dense hedge between our properties. For some reason they left bush size stumps and I must admit my view is not pretty. We live on little lots, about 50 X 100 ft and now the only thing between us is our 4 ft chain link fence.

The neighbor to the left has a 6 ft vinyl privacy fence and the one to the right uses one side of our chain link fence to keep his dog in his yard. I never liked the chain link but we put it up to keep our neighbor�s wandering children out of our yard and house.

Do you think it would be a good idea for us to remove the chain link and continue the white vinyl around the perimeter of the yard? We would be the 3rd house in a row to use the vinyl.

Hubby and I are seniors and may be selling in a few years when we retire. We really do not have time to plant evergreens and wait for them to grow. Any suggestions on how we can increase our privacy to see less of these neighbors are greatly appreciated.

Comments (7)