Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charlieboring

HAVE: Have Raspberry plants - Need Blackberry

Charlie
10 years ago

I have what looks like August Red Raspberry plants and would like to trade for thornless blackberry plants. Raspberries are large red berries and the plant grows erect to about 5 feet. Last season plants were everbearing, this season, due to improper pruning produced in June.

Comments (5)

• Pat Sheinman
    10 years ago

Hi - We have tons of wild blackberry plants on our property in suburban philadelphia. Let me know if you'd like some!

• moonphase
    10 years ago

would like to have some raspberry plants,would you trade for fig cuttings?I have several types of cuttings if you will check out my page.Thanks.moonphase
    Annette

also have several plants

• Charlie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay. I will save some raspberry plants as they sucker and send them to you. I don't know if I have any right now because I keep cutting them down. I will check today.

Charlie

• Charlie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Moonphase - I have taken one raspberry sucker that I uprooted and potted it it for you. My wife informed me that she wants me to uproot my two raspberry bushes and plant two blackberry bushes. She said that if I did not; she will ensure that the squirrels attack my berries and that I never eat another raspberry. (She is not wild about raspberries) I can't defend against her and the squirrels, so the raspberries are coming out. They are probably too large to send to you economically even if I cut them down, but if you are interested, let me know. As for as the figs you offerred, the current figs I have do not mature in zone 7 before the first frost, if you have some that mature early, I would be interested. I am into edible landscape so I plant fruit and veggies among my flowers and shrubs.

• Pat Sheinman
    10 years ago

Hi Charlie - If Moonphase doesn't take the raspberries, I am interested. I can offer you daylilies galore, some habanero and banana pepper seeds, as well as Solomon's seal (great in shade), and various ferns.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!