Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theodosiaunderwood

SESE or Trade Heirloom Blue Dent Corn

theodosiaunderwood
14 years ago

I have a limited amount of an open-pollinated blue field corn (Johnny Dewlen Blue Dent). It grows relatively tall (usually twelve plus feet), has one, or occasionally two, large ears, and is an attractive dark blue color. I find that it makes some of best blue cornbread around. As it is a "pet project" of mine, I would appreciate feedback from you after growing it. Thanks.

1. SESE

2. Will trade for various cornfield or other heirloom beans or annual flowers good for cutting.

Comments (17)

• riley17
    14 years ago

I would like to try some if you still have any. I have some things I can might be able to trade you. Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Holly

• forestboy
    14 years ago

Hi! I am interested in your Heirloom Blue Dent Corn seeds...we've grown corn the last 2 years and would like to try this unusual variety...have seeds to trade or will send a SASE, if you want. Thanks!

• jen_frazier
    14 years ago

i would LOVE some of your corn to try! i have zinnia and black hollyhock, pink moonvine, japanese morning glory, 4 oclock and some veggies- sorgam broom corn, and huge sunflower.

plmk!Jennifer

• gwen49
    14 years ago

If I'm not to late I would adore some corn seeds.I'm sorry, I don't have anything to trade.But I'm happy send SASE.
    Thank you so much,this is one I wanted to try, I saw a vid at utude showing it ground for cornmeal.I grew up having cornbread almost every meal.So it kinda got me going
    Thanks a million,
    Gwen

• Judy Brown
    14 years ago

Hi,

If still available, I would like to get some of your corn seeds. I could send you a SASE. I have luffa seeds if you would like some. Thanks, Judy

• theodosiaunderwood
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I still have some of the seed available. To those I have not yet contacted, "I am having difficulty getting the gardenweb email feature to work. I keep getting an error message." I will keep trying."

• Judy Brown
    14 years ago

Hi, Please e-mail me at jdbrown@wfubmc.edu
    Thanks, Judy

• theodosiaunderwood
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You may contact me at the following email address, if you are interested in the corn:

theodosiasgarden@yahoo.com

Thanks...

• benjoe
    14 years ago

I am also interested in the blue dent corn. I Have a Ton of field corn kernels, some from the Pennsylvania Dutch. If you would like to trade send me an email.

Thanks
    Ben

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I'm interested if you still have some available. I have flower seeds and heirloom tomatoes.

Denise

• peaches0104
    14 years ago

still got some corn? what ru looking for?

• theodosiaunderwood
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gwen49, I don't have any way to contact you. If you are still interested in the corn, let me know through gardenweb, or at the above listed email address.

Thanks

• bluespiritartist
    14 years ago

Is there a chance that I could send a SASE? Thanks.

• strawberria
    14 years ago

I have some heirloom Tiger Eye beans that grow wonderfully. I'd love to trade them with you! Please email Strawberria@gmail.com

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Sending you an email! :)

• gwen49
    14 years ago

I am so sorry,I just found out today my email wasn't showing. My fault, apparently forgot the save button.I thought I had already sent you an envelope,just sent the grandson to the mailbox to look for the seeds,LOL
    If you still have them I will get an envelope in the mail ASAP.
    If not,It's my own fault.
    At least now I have a few things on my trade list if you want to take a peek.
    Thank you so much.
    Gwen

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tom, I am still waiting for your end of the trade to arrive. Email me please.

Denise

Sponsored