cheerpeople

watercolor- dawn's house

cheerpeople
18 years ago

I was asked to paint this house.

It just got it done!

Karen

http://community.webshots.com/album/367303918iQigcG

I'm sorry i can't make this a blue link for you because I can't shrink it to the required 50 K but i'm sure it's worth the cut and paste trouble....

Comments (10)

• bultman
    18 years ago

That's a lovely painting - well done! :-)

Bernadette

• cheerpeople
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here I can link it from work (don't tell!).......
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: picture

• shannon
    18 years ago

very,very nice. Congratulations

• Inkygirl
    18 years ago

Gorgeous painting! I love the soft colours.

Debbie

• nanahanna
    18 years ago

Wow! Our local art center offers watercolor classes for seniors every year for free! I gotta take one of those. I have painted for years with acrylics until the arthritis got too bad. But I sure would like to learn how to pain with watercolors!

Yours is absolutely gorgeous!

Nanahanna

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

I love watercolor paintings of houses. Dawn(whoever she is ) must be thrilled.

Florence

• Roland_ON
    18 years ago

Very nice, love the foliage. That's always hard to do in watercolour.

• alisande
    18 years ago

Beautiful!

• cheerpeople
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You folks made my day:)
    Do you think this is something marketable on ebay?
    Send me a pic and I paint it for like $50?
    If so what catagory would find the right crowd? It seems like there is so much art there no one gets any hits.
    Karen

• PastelSkies
    18 years ago

This is most definitely a flourishing idea. Some competition, but with your starting prices, you could have an edge... that is, if you had your own website. Free blogs could start you out, but getting your own reputable site would be much more profitable.

Using Google AdWords advertising will get you instant traffic, once your site is up, and that's targeted to your specific keywords, which could be you specializing in painting houses, as an idea.

Just doing a simple search on "turn photo to painting" could lead you to using your competitors to take out the learning curve for you. See how they did it, but add your own little niche and style. I didn't see many houses painted... just kids, cars, & travel, etc.

Photoshop also has a feature that blurs any photo to look like watercolor, which could be used as reference art for you and cut your struggle to translate the photo-copying down, with already seeing how the shadows lay out, etc.

If you write some good articles on your site, related to what you do, and what people are looking for, you could then also enhance your income opportunities by placing Google AdSense on your site, which puts other's relevant ads related to your body copy, on your site, and each time a visitor clicks on an ad on your site, you get paid a little commission, off-setting the AdWords you would be paying out on.

...Some techy ideas for adding an extra income from natural talents.

Ruth

Sponsored