Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

have: newbie seed project - sasbe

bakemom_gw
16 years ago

Newbie Seed Project 2007-08 has begun! This is my personal project to get as many seeds as I possibly can into the hands of new or inexperienced gardeners. Last year we sent more than 2000 packs of seeds to more than 250 gardeners. Currently we have sent 630 packs with 42 participants both noobs and donors. Donors are currently sending seeds and supplies, so this is a donation of my personal seeds and my time only.

Here are my rules:

A SASBE is a self-addressed stamped bubble envelope. Please enclose at least 3 stamps and an address label. Insert a note with your email address so I can let you know your SASBE is on its way. I will insert the seeds  my choice and at least 10 packs.

A newbie is defined as: ANYONE new to growing from seed. Or, anyone who has grown from seed and wants to try more. The reason - these are basic seeds and an experienced trader might be disappointed. Most of my efforts are directed to the Winter Sowing Forum, but any method is good here.

Please do not answer this post unless you are serious about sending a SASBE. I keep the seeds set aside for 14 days and then back into the hopper they go.

Do not hesitate to ask questions. ItÂs a good idea to update your trade and member page so I can get an idea of the conditions you garden in and the types of flowers you like and already have. Make sure your email address is unblocked so I can reply to your request.

Enjoy!

Comments (25)

• cattjovi
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom, I've just joined this site and would love some of your newbie seeds. I am winter sowing for the first time and would appreciate a packet. I haven't set up my trade list yet but I am always looking for new salvia's, penstemon's, any perennials. Sending email for address.
    Thanks,
    Arlene

• katmatney
    16 years ago

HI Bakemom,
    I am a newbie only joined a month ago.I would love some seeds,this spring will be my first year from growing plants from seeds. I am so excited. I will email you also
    thanks
    kathy

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

would love to try some perennials from seed i am currently trying to collect perennials for spring planting but would try annuals also i love them all...thanks donnawilmoth3237 westview farm road saxe virginia 23967

• spunky7478
    16 years ago

I am a newbie and would like in on this. Please e-mail the address to send the SASE.

Thanks
    Vickie

• cspetros
    16 years ago

It is really great to know that someone does something as nice as this. I am a newbie, and would love to be a part of your project. Much appreciation,

Chris

• sher305
    16 years ago

I'm recently retired and just getting in to gardening. I would love to have any seeds you can spare. How sweet of you!!
    My e mail is sparsons305@yahoo.com and I will send you a sase.
    Thank you!
    Sherry

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hello! Not a GW newbie but will be a winter sowing newbie this year.Would love to send SASBE. Thanks for this offer.
    April/dirt_under_my_nails

• tswoyer
    16 years ago

I am interested in your offer. I just joined GW. I recently moved and am starting all over with my gardening. This will really help. Thanks.

• joytosew
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom,
    I sent you an email requesting a sasbe of seeds. I am just getting started with gardening again after not being able to for a couple years.
    I look forward to growing all the goodies!

thank you,
    cristi

• gardenstate08
    16 years ago

Hi,

I would like in on this. I do have some seeds on my wish list, but would be happy to get any annuals/perennials.

Thanks

• Rachelle
    16 years ago

I would enjoy having some seeds. I am particulary interested in some of the more common annuals such as Love in a Puff, but would take perennials or shrubs, or ornamentals such as gourds.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!

Garden Princess

• peatreeinky
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom. I would like to send for one of your seeds packs. Please let me know. Thank you. Sarah.

• jmar3
    16 years ago

Hello
    I would like to have some of your newbie seeds. I'm going to try winter sowing for the first time this winter.
    Thanks jmar3

• ray.theiceman
    16 years ago

Hi bakemom. I am a newbie. Just joined today. I would like to have one of your newbie seed pack please. Thanks. Ray

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ray, your email is blocked and there is no link from your member page. I am unable to contact you. Happens to many newbies, but needs to be corrected.

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

HI Bakemom, I am not a newby and I have plenty of seeds I can share. If you need donations, please contact me. Thanks Ibartoo

• ray.theiceman
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom. I think I fixed the issue. Thanks for letting me know. Ray

• r_andersen
    16 years ago

Hi Bakemom,

I would love to receive some of the seeds you are offering if still available! I will be wintersowing for the first time this year....

Thanks,
    Rob

• esnapp
    16 years ago

Received your package today. Wow! I will be busy this winter Thanks for organizing a great project!

Emily

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hi, I am new to this site and would love to get some seeds. Please let me know if you have any left. Thanks, Happyseed

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happyseed, your email is blocked and there is no email link on your member page. I have no way to contact you. This happens all the time to new members, but it is easy to fix. There is plenty of seed for all - we have send out 834 packs of seed so far this fall.

If I haven't contacted you, please let me know and be sure I have a way to do so.

• lexialtizer
    16 years ago

Hi there, I am new and would love to be part of your project. This is a wonderful idea, thanks so much for doing this!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Two fat packs went out to noobs today and one very nice donation pack arrrived. Keep the donations and requests coming. If I have not responded to you, email me directly at kcmccoyesq@aol.com

• dobra1629
    16 years ago

Hi, I am a newbie to growing seeds but not a newbie to GW. I would love some seeds if any left. please email dobra1629@yahoo.com

• cattjovi
    16 years ago

Received my seeds yesterday. Thanks you so much for your generosity.
    Happy gardening
    Arlene

Sponsored