Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dbarjgarden

WANTED: trouble finding my listings

dbarjgarden
16 years ago

dbarjgarden - I must be doing something wrong? I am new to GW. I have posted my information my want and have list and even introduced myself had questions on blueberries and gooseberry bushes, and even got a few replies. But no mater how hard I look for my name and information under find members it says no matches. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to take part in the fourms and get some trades going- but I keep disappearing! I haven't even been able to contact the people who responded to my 1st listing. Help

Comments (4)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hi! I was able to see your member page and your trade list,all were filled out.I noticed you registered on 11~29,check out the attached link,I am sure it will maybe explain a little of what is going on with that.
    What forum did you post in? You should be able to go to that forum and page back until you find your thread,from there you can then contact those people with whom you wanted to trade.I hope this helps,if not I am sure someone will be along with more info eventually,Good Luck! :) ~Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: Suggestion Forum,'Search doesn't include resultspast 10/17/2007

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Hi!

I did a Google search via the instructions given at the link agirlsgirl (Angie) provided above. I have linked to the results below. It seems there were 3 actual posts found on the search.

One had no reply other than mine telling explaining that there was no way to email you...and I see you have since gotten an email link on your page.

Another post...wanted: new gw member with large wish list & seeds to trade had several replies wanting to trade.

Another time you responded to a post started by matto500 with the title HAVE: tons to trade

The search did not pick up your reply made last night to the thread with title HAVE: Atlantic giant pumpkin

so...there might be other threads as well. I can remember when I was new here and even new to the computer. It was a while b4 I got comfortable with the size of the site and b4 I ventured off just s few of the forums I visited regularly.

What you might want to do, is save any threads that you start or reply to to a favorites folder, or to your bookmarks.

It is a real pain that the search is out on some of the forums. Hopefully they will get it fixed sometime soon.

I might add a couple of ongoing problems here, that you may run across.

When you start a thread, you can check the box to have replies sent to your email box. All replies do not reliably end up there, so it is good to try and check back on your thread occasionally. Also, a lot of the emails via the GW are not reliable, but go into cyberspace. If you email someone via GW, and don't get a reply, you might want to go to their member page, get their email addy, if it is visible to members, and then email them privately, instead of through the GW system. If they have no email addy visible to members, there is really not much one can do.

Sue

• arkseven
    16 years ago

dbarjgarden - I was able to view your page and want list, so you are in the garden web exchange listing.

I also replied to your email regarding Looffa seeds. After viewing your want list I may have the muskmelons, jalapeno, bananna peppers you are looking for as well as some other seed you may be interested in, ie cucumbers of different types, brown crowder, pink-eyed purple hull and others I will be listing on Garden Web after the first of the year.

Welcome to Garden web; you will find (mostly) some very good people here that are very sharing. Last year was my first year trading here (online) and found it to be very friendly and exciting.
    I posted then that I would "give back" to others via this media as I grew in seeds available for exchange. God blessed us well this year and I am preparing "newbie packages" and a supply of seeds availble for exchange after the first of the year.

Good luck and enjoy, you will meet some great people here.

Arkseven
    Kentucky

• dlyonsj_bellsouth_net
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for all the help. I will get my feet planted soon and I really appreciate your kindness. I am sure I will make many more mistakes on my postings before I learn. Please one and all have patients with me.

Sponsored