you have been missing.

i think you said you were going

to ny hope you had a great time

miss ya

debby

Comments (8)

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday To You!!!!! Hope it was fun Girl.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday, Cait! Hope it's a good year too!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

{{gwi:127462}}

hugs, Karen

• leveta
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Happy belated birthday!
    Sorry I missed out on the party-LOL

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I'll bet Cait is out working on mosaics in her nice cool temps. Well, it's a hundred and two here and we are gettin' grouchy about it here in TX. Lol while melting.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Belated, but at any rate, Cait, I hope it was great! ~tenderlee

• cait1
    14 years ago

THANK YOU, ALL!!!!

No, I didn't go to NY cuz my capped tooth broke off just when I was about to book. Had to find a new denist cuz my crappy one decided not to see me!! ARGH!! There are like no dentists in Oz. Was fortunate to find a new one but had to wait a couple of months before that dentist could make room for me. And he's GREAT! Thank goodness. Anyway, now I'm gonna get an implant... blah blah You don't really want to hear my dental woes, do you?? HAHAHAHAHA
    In the meantime I've been finishing off the hallway reno - put up the crown (there's that word again) molding, patched the drywall where the new wall I built met the existing wall, painted the ceiling and walls, took off all the trim to sand and paint, put down a laminate floor, and now I'm putting all the molding and baseboards back where they belong. Once I'm done I'll post pics.
    I've also spent a huge amount of time going after my council. They've decided to do their own version of a 'stimulous' bill and will be putting our shire into $40 million debt!! This is a shire of 145,000 people of which about 50,000 pay property taxes, so the burden is on 'us' ratepayers and they're jacking up our rates beyond what is reasonable. They want to spend $20 million giving themselves a shiny new office building. The nerve of these councillors. It's disgusting.
    And, believe it or not, I was a bit down about this birthday. I turned... 50. OH MY GOSH!!!! How did that happen? Where did all those years go? I remember the day I turned 10 like it was a month ago. I was fascinated with the fact that I was a 'decade' old. Back then I thought that was cool. But now that I'm 5 decades old, I don't seem to like decades too much. HAHAHAHA Of course, I'm over that now.
    AS far as gardening goes, we've had a lot of rain and the area I recently cleared for my Gnome Garden is very muddy. The area was chuck filled with arum lilies - they are a terrible weed here, and when I go out, it's mostly to that area so I can dig out all the arum lily babies that keep popping through the ground. Some of my jonquils are blooming, the hyacinths are starting to make their way out of the ground, and I have daffs that should be in bloom very soon now, too.
    We had thick frost this morning, but the sun was out in the afternoon so I decided to brak from the reno to weed one of the many beds that is in desperate need of some TLC. I also will be re-doing the pond - have big ideas for that but while winter is here I'm tking advantage of the colder weather and working mostly inside.
    My next big reno will be the kitchen. I'm procrastinating because of all the people I will need to get in - plumbers, electricians, and I want to put in a double glazed window.
    I have made something but want to take a pic of some stuff I picked up, too. I'll post on the other side my tomorrow before I work on the hallway.
    Thank you again for remembering me. You are all in my heart!