Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonacook

I'm Baaack!!!

nonacook
12 years ago

I have been home about a week, and have answered a couple of things already. Had a TIME in Mansfield tho-- 2 things went wrong with my Commercial oven during the trial period, but got them fixed before the festival started. Then we had 3 days and nights of complete, and HARD rain during the 10 days of the festival. Even the parking lots were closed. All of that did NOT fill my pocketbook. I paid expenses and for suplies but not much left after that. On the way home, my friends motorhome was hit (in a Flying J parking lot)--a semi clipped the passenger side front corner while we were parked.

Got home and found my mailbox had been hit, and ruts and holes in one of my parking areas, from the delivery and cement trucks. They are building a Raceway Service station on the other side of our deadend road, that fronts on US hiway 29. The front of my property also fronts on US 29, but my house is on the deadend road. The back of the station is about where my living room is. Lights will be on 24 hours a day..... Lots of FUN, huh! They tell me that they will pay for the damage...I hope so!

Comments (6)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Wow, when it rains it pours!! Lots of bad luck caused by rain & people both! Sorry your festival didn't go well! Hope the semi had ins. so friends rig gets fixed! Mailbox is a pain, I just found my folks on ground Tues. thought someone hit it,nope the wrought iron pole rusted through. So I got a piece of rebar & it is "balancing on it & if wind comes up it will probably a "whirly-e-gig" it is very heavy as dad built a wooden shingled house over the original box, hope bro. & I can get pole & fix it right. Kids might wreck it if we don't get it fixed soon. I sure wouldn't like gas station near me, can you get them to plant some trees on your property to shield you from the glaring lights? Might have to fence your property also if people hang out around the station. Hope it works out! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Welcome home! Sounds like you had quite the time...so sorry about all of the rain and about all of the mess you had to come home to. Sheesh. Hope it won't take too long for the mess to be cleaned up.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Whoa! What a load to handle! Hope things settle down...holes get filled & mailbox fixed to handle deliveries! Probably will need some heavy duty new 'drapes' for your living room...ugh! sunnyca has some good ideas to see if someone will put up a barrier (trees/fence/whatever)...not good, nona...but am happy to hear you are safe & sound & home again. Jeanne S.

• nonacook
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the welcome back!

No room for trees or bushes in the front yard,
    and I don't think I would like to have a wooden
    fence put up which would be the only kind that
    would help--May have to tho'. The lights are
    already on and they don't bother me--my drapes
    are working there.
    Sorry about your folks mailbox, Jan. I am sure you
    will get it fixed as soon as you can.
    Yes, the semi had insurance, but that never helps
    the time and effort they will have to go to, to
    get it fixed. And the older we get it seems the
    less time we have in a day-Grin.
    Jeanne, they put screws in the mailbox to hold it up
    but the door doesn't close tight. The postlady put
    mail in even when it was leaning sideways! LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Nona, if your mailbox is just the normal metal 1 you can probably get it to close tight by taking a pair of pliers out & seeing where it seems to be loose, by putting the tip of pliers over the end flap edges(part that is turned under so you don't get cut) you can tighten it up by pushing the metal slightly towards center of flap in a few places I did that for my neighbor.(If you can't tell where it's loose get a 2 in wide piece of paper & close it in box & if it pulls out easy that is where it needs to be tighter). Also can adjust if too tight by bending outward. Did that for another neighbor. Jan

• nonacook
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jan--But they will buy me a new one, and then
    I will get to use the old one in the garden!! LOL
    Then I will try to get it to close, so my gloves,paper towels, and other stuff won't get wet. I deserve a new one for all the dust and the aggravation they have caused. The Post office had already bent it once, but pushing an oversize box into it. I straightened it that time--The service station company doesn't need to know that....