Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linjon54

Gazebo

linjon zone 5
10 years ago

This gazebo my DH made for me. He used poles cut from the nearby woods for the posts and railings and for the floor he used boards from a deck one of our neighbors gave us. The roof is made from scraps of metal roofing. We didn't have enough to do it all alike so I suggested he make it look like a patchwork quilt. I think it turned out rather well and looks quite rustic. He used an old window frame to make the arbor in front of it. I will be growing roses and other vines on the arbor. This is a work in progress.

This post was edited by linjon on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 12:24

Comments (11)

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is another view of our gazebo. He plans on adding a weather vane on top of the cupola.

• indigosunshine
    10 years ago

Linjon, love the way you are reusing stuff, lamppost looks great. Would love to tour your garden and have seat in that gazebo!
    Carol

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is nice sitting in the gazebo. Especially when the roses and other flowers are blooming. Nice and peaceful spot. I'm still working on the lamp post but once it is done and spring is here it will go at the end of a pathway that goes beside and behind the gazebo.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

I like it all. The shiny balls are lovely too! Are they bowling balls or something else! Looks lovely with flowers around. You will have to show us pic in summer with vines on the mesh, it will be beautiful! TFS. Jan

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The "shiny balls" are gazing balls, and solar lights. I also have a couple of ball shaped ceiling light fixtures that I use the same as you would use a gazing ball. Once spring gets here I will be putting those back out along with a lot of solar lights. Right now I am dreaming and planning on warmer temperatures. It is -1 degrees here so that's about all we can do now.

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

Looks inviting. Is the big blue a planter made of a large blue tub as cattle feed comes in with a tire cut in half and painted? Looks real cool whatever it is made of!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

I love the reusing of free or found objects in the garden. That gazebo is really nice nestled among the flowers :-)

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am glad you like the gazebo. We enjoy taking things that would otherwise be tossed and giving them a new purpose. The big blue planter is made from the tub of a washing machine. The top of it is a ring from a large tire. That has been now moved to the back near a Maple tree and I plan on filling it with shade plants. We are still adding more flowers and shrubbery into this area. It is set at the edge of some woods so I plan on adding ferns, hostas and other shade plants behind the gazebo. Already we have some Rhodendrons, Azalias, a dogwood, and other shade loving plants in this area.

This post was edited by linjon on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 20:59

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

What a fantastic gazebo and arbor. Your garden looks interesting and lovely. Do post summer pics when the time comes!
    Kathy

• linjon zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. Here is what the gazebo looks like with our recent weather. The flag light in front my DH made. As you can see it lights up. He used LED lights in it and has it set to automatically come on each day with a timer. The angel is also LED lights but it was store bought. We had her up for Christmas. She will come down soon.

This post was edited by linjon on Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 22:36

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Now that is the neatest idea! I does look very inviting!

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996