Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnwyork

Trying to thicken my bermuda

johnwyork
10 years ago

Good morning! I have about 5 acres of "yard" (really an old pasture 15 years ago) and I am trying to get my bermuda grass thick and to get it to be the only type of grass in my yard. I sprayed Grazon Plus 7 weeks ago, and it knocked out all of the clover, oxalis, and weeds, and it looked so much better. (We have had so much rain in the south this year I couldn't get the tractor on my lawn much earlier than when I sprayed this the first part of June.) Now my bermuda is looking great, but I still have about half of my grass being the common thick bladed grass type (if I need to be more specific I will try to find out the name of it). What I am interested in is what should I spray on my lawn at this time to get rid of this grass and allow my bermuda to continue to thrive like its trying to do right now. The common grass obviously is taking up a lot of the nutrients the bermuda could be using, and our growing season has several weeks left I really want it to take off while it can. Thanks for any help.

Comments (4)