Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

field of lace

mwoods
15 years ago

Even if you don't plant them...they will come!!

Queen Anne's that is.

{{gwi:136330}}

Comments (6)

• lindajewell
    15 years ago

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Queen Anns Lace. I use to be growing here and yes, it popped up every where and was at times annoying........but when I would cut flowers I would always cut a few QAL, that along with fern just gave a different look to the other flowers.

• mwoods
    Original Author
    15 years ago

did you ever put them in water witrh food coloring? I used to do that all the time as a kid. They turn colors.

• lindajewell
    15 years ago

Nope, can't say that I ever did that but I am still a kid a heart so will have to give it a try...........once I find some QAL!

• wandaredhead
    15 years ago

Ooohhh, I LOVE Queen Ann's lace.

It is VERY hard to grow here.

It took me about four years of 'relocating' some from the northern part of the state to get it started.

For the next four to five years, I had tons of plants.

For whatever reason, this year I only had about five plants come up.
    I have built a barrier around them where they aren't mowed or weed-eat down hoping the seed will spread for more plants next year.

• Josh
    15 years ago

Loveliest of flowers but never saw a field full...just a few scattered along roadside with the equally lovely blue Chicory. Thanks for the photo, Marda. josh

• mwoods
    Original Author
    15 years ago

blue chickory brings back my childhood almost as much as lilacs but darn if I can think why it does.

Sponsored
More Discussions