Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

Daisy Broke One of the Cats!

chickadeedeedee
17 years ago

What a crappy week it has been and now Henry is broken. Crazy Daisy likes to play with the cats and *most* of them like to play with her. Three of them will actually invite Daisy to chase them or have a wrestle.

Henry was on a chair and pawing at Daisy's back as she walked back and forth. He jumped off the chair and she pawed at him but ... she kinda squished him the wrong way. He didn't cry at all but got up and was limping very badly. I checked him and his elbow was tender but it did not seem broken.

I gave Henry an injection for pain and thought he'd feel better in an hour or so. Hmmmmmm. Just goes to show what I know! Henry was walking on three legs an hour later and his elbow was really starting to show how swollen it was.
SIGH

I took Henry to the hospital and took some x-rays. Well crap! He's got a broken elbow. The radius is broken right at the elbow but the pieces are lined up. I put a splint on Henry's arm and he'll need to be splinted at least 4 weeks.

He's been sleeping most of the day. :-(

Daisy is subdued too. She didn't get scolded or anything because it was an accident but she seems to realize Henry is hurt and she's playing with her stuffed animals rather than the live ones.

LOL! I was watching a movie last night while sitting on the floor and started falling asleep. Daisy woke me up when she hit me in the side of the head with her rubber chicken! LOL!

Only at Camp Nappy.

C3D

Comments (32)

• sheepco
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, poor unsuspecting Henry! And poor Daisy, she didn't mean to...

I'm thinking you might as well just stay home and run the Nappy Camp Clinic, you've got lots of patients...'course it doesn't pay much, but the satisfaction is PRICELESS :)
    (And it's far more entertaining for us!)

Wishing Henry a speedy recovery - I know he's in good hands with you and Mike.

S

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Give Henry an extra chin rub for me. Poor baby. Poor Daisy, too. Sandy

• horton
    17 years ago

Chicka,since that is one of his lives gone,
    you can now name him Henry the eigth!
    "Horton"

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL @ Horton!

Another Poor 'Enery, from me! And Daisy playing with her stuffed animals! Awwww, that is just too cute. I sure hope Henry heals up quickly! Is he a young'un (fast healer)?

I'd love to hang out at the Camp Nappy Clinic.

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone and thanks from Henry too.

He's a lot more comfortable today as he has a Fentanyl patch on his leg to control pain. He's walking around using his splint and Daisy was licking his head this morning.

Awwwww. How sweet!

Then she tried to stuff his head in her mouth....

DAISY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?

She did it gently .... She looks so innocent.

C'mmon down Brenda, if you dare! There are times we really could use the help...! Sometimes we seem to be doing rounds at home before heading out to the hospital.

Pets are relaxing.
    Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.
    Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.
    Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing. Pets are relaxing.Pets are relaxing.

Pets are relaxing.

Henry was born in March 2001. Here is a pre-broken picture of him as a kitten:

{{gwi:165831}}

He's a 19 pound big boy now and so gentle!

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

oh, goodness....to all of the above!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!!! @ Daisy trying to stuff poor "lil" Henry's head in her mouth! It's almost like she can't help it! "Mmmm, he tastes so good....maybe just a nibble..." LOL I LOVE that dog! And Henry is gorgeous!

That would be the vacation of a lifetime, and yes, I AM a weirdo. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I hear that pets are *supposed* to be relaxing. They lower the blood pressure. Bring calm and peace and tranquility as you slowly drift off to sleep.....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Then... WHACK!!!...

.... in the side of the head with a rubber chicken! Lord help me but I wouldn't have it any other way either.

The mantra doesn't work for me either but Henry is doing well. Daisy? Well she has a short memory or just changed her tactics a little and learned from her rubber chicken technique. She whacked Henry this morning with a stuffed doggy toy. Not *real* hard. He didn't fall over but I could hear the THUD as the toy dog hit Henry's side.

Awww Brenda ... Are you a big fan of vomit? You better stay away from here if not then for your own sanity! I have obviously lost mine long ago. We have 6 cats and on the counter in the bathroom are their dishes. There are three self feeding containers with different kinds of dry crunchies, a water bowl and two dishes for canned food. This morning I went into the bathroom to find someone had puked up a whole lotta dry food BACK INTO the food dispensers!

Not just back into the one tray. Oh Nooooooo! There was cat crunchy puke in two dry food dispensers, the water bowl and of course on the counter.

OK. Who puked up the bathroom?

Mike walked by and said it wasn't him! That is sooo good to know that he isn't sneaking about at night scarfing down cat crunchies too fast and then puking it back up. LOL!

Those guys in the white suits and the big butterfly net are here again. Gotta go............

C3D :-)

~Worry not that no one knows you. Seek to be worth knowing.~

Hmmmmm. after reading this over again .....
    LOL!!! We gotta update the special features our guests can experience while visiting Camp Nappy in the tour brochure. LOL!

• youreit
    17 years ago

You guys are hilarious!! And it's a good thing you both have such a sense of humor. I mean, when it comes to pet puke (cat crunchy is WAY up there on the gross scale...), one can only laugh....and laugh...and laugh some more...ok, then maybe cry a little. But it's back to laughing again before you know it!

I can't WAIT for my tour brochure! I'm really looking forward to the rubber chicken excursion!!

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

hmmm, i prefer crunchy to squishy in the toesies.

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mike found this. Seems appropriate. LOL!

The Life of a Puppy (Daisy?)

This morning, I woke up & kissed my dad's head.
    I peed on the carpet, then went back to bed.
    "The life of a puppy, oh my, this is great."
    Then I thought about breakfast," I hope it's not late."
    Mom took me outside, we walked for a while.
    This never fails to make Mama smile.
    I sniffed of everything, that we did pass,
    I ate something weird - it gave me gas.

I'm sure God loves me, I know that is true.
    He gave me so many great things to chew.
    Rugs, plants or rocks, I really don't care.
    What I truly like best, is Dad's underwear.

That obedience book, was sort of yummy.
    Though it didn't sit well on my poor puppy tummy.
    I threw up a bit, but that was all right,
    When Mom found it later, I was well out of sight.

I made streamers of T. P., while running at full speed.
    Mom is pretty quick -- but I was still in the lead.
    I flew under the bed, and Mom flew past,
    She stopped-shook her head, and breathed,
    "You're too fast."

Mama later phoned Daddy, and said, "It was frightening!"
    That afternoon, she was sure I'd pooped lightning.
    She'd sat at the computer, while I chewed the cord,
    She thought I was mad, but I was just bored.

When Mama had enough, couldn't take anymore,
    That's when my tushy got shoved out the door.
    I love it inside, but outside is best.
    Lay in the cool grass, and had a good rest.

That didn't last long, there was too much to do--
    Can't quite remember where I hid Daddy's shoe.
    I found an old bone, and scratched at a flea,
    I watched the dumb squirrels as they jumped in a tree.

I barked at the kids, when they got off the bus.
    I can't figure out why this makes Mama fuss.
    I barked at the neighbor, I barked at the wind.
    I barked and barked, till Mom yelled, "COME IN."

The sun dipped in the west-soon Daddy would come!
    I sure love my daddy: we always have fun.
    I barked at my daddy, then turned on my charms,
    I woo-wooed, "Hello," then jumped in his arms.

Sitting under the table -- it's sooo hard to wait.
    Daddy slipped me a goodie right off his plate.
    I raced through the house, and scattered my toys,
    Ricocheted off the furniture, and made lots of noise.

Mom found her purse - the one I abused.
    Daddy let loose a chuckle. Mom asked "Amused??"
    I cowered down low, I must be in trouble.
    Dad said, "Wasn't MY girl, it must be her double!"

Mom turned off the TV, and said,"Time for bed."
    Dad said "Let's go girl," and patted my head.
    I got in my spot, between Mom and Dad,
    I thought 'bout my day and what fun I had.

Mama kicked out my bone from the covers below,
    Then let loose a sigh -- a sigh deep and low.
    She gave me a kiss, and snuggled me tight,
    And whispered so softly, 'My darling goodnight'.

Author Unknown

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

Brenda... Maybe I should e mail you a rough draft of the brochure. Do you think it should read:For our crabby guests? or For our guests with crabs? ... You can enjoy the delightful antics of Otto the Hermit Crab as he swings from his tree...

.... Morning wake up bird chorus includes a Northern Cardinal, finches, Ring-neck Doves and calls for Oooooo Miiiiiike! ~Wolf Whistle~

And do you think that we should include something about America's only known pooping Christmas Tree or do you think that's a bit much? If I were to post it they would shut us down fer sure! LOL!

Mmmmmm. We can provide squishy in the toesies too! :-)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so not normal!

C3D

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oops. Forgot to add today's latest Daisy antic.

I was going to water the house plants and got a 5 gallon bucket to fill and the spray bottle to mist the orchids and stuff. I filled the bucket with water and put it in the kitchen while I filled the spray bottle.

Not a big deal. Doesn't take long. What could happen? Daisy could and DID happen.

I turned around after filling the spray bottle only to find that Daisy ... dear sweet Daisy has placed both front legs in the bucket and she's holding a squeaky toy in her mouth.(A REAL squeaky toy not one of the cats that she is making squeak!)

She was just standing in the bucket of water. :-)

OK...Nothing else to say. End of story.

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

aw! how sweet of you, chicka, to get daisy her foot spa :)

• sheepco
    17 years ago

"OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so not normal!"

Really Chickadeedeedee, who among us here did you think WAS?

AND, I'm pretty sure the story doesn't end with the foot spa, so GIVE! :) :) :)

S

• youreit
    17 years ago

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! @ Daisy's bucket experience! Daisy is my version of a rock star. I can't imagine her being anything CLOSE to normal and loving her more. :D

LOL!!! @ for our guests with crabs! Hilarious! As long as we're not going to be served crabcakes with little crab bibs, and crabapples for dessert. I mean, one can only take so much crab from people before it becomes one big crabshoot. ;p

Abbey Normal

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oooo! Maybe WE could give our guests crabs? Souvenir hermit crabs as a momento of a temporary loss of sanity?

WOW! Bumper stickers can read: I got Crabs at Camp Nappy!
    Hmmmm. On second thought ... better not! LOL!!! x 13!

Daisy and her foot spa? Nope. Sorry to disappoint but that was it. She was standing in a bucket of water in the kitchen with a stuffed toy in her mouth and I just took a deep breath ... got a towel and dried off her fuzzy legs and went to water and spray the plants with Daisy flavored water.

She whacked Mike with her squeaky stuffed moose last night. Maybe that's why he's been hiding in bed most of today?

{{gwi:165833}}

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

She's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Akita-like.

If you're in need of a rest, you can send her to Spa Zinnia for a week. She would love it here. Fresh cats to maul, a dog to dominate and another to wrestle for dominance incessantly... so perfect!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Man, I love that dog! Her face is so full of expression. I wish she could wink at me like she did in that story you posted a while back, Chicka! LOL

Sounds like just the ticket for a dog on vacation, fresh kitties! And buckets full of warm water. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Spa Zinnia it is then! Think she'll leave the postage stamps on her backside? :-)

Yep... She's still a winker. She'll close both eyes back at you if you do it to her! LOL!

C3D

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Gorgeous, innocent pup isn't she? ;)

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Daisy? Yes she is a pretty doggy. :-) Pretty crazy! And to think next month will be one year that some idiot abandoned her ... tying her to the dumpster behind where I work ... on a chain ... :-(

{{gwi:165836}}

Some people just don't know how good they have it! x13 !

This morning there was "Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap...." ?????????????

..... Followed by a different "Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap...."

Now what?

Otto the Hermit Crab is doing his usual acrobatics as he swings back and forth in his palm tree and hits the side of the terrarium....

.... There is another Hermit Crab, Bernice, who is tapping on the glass as she is on the ground. But wait! It gets so much better! .......

Bruno the black cat is next to the HC 55 gallon terrarium. He is pawing at the corner of the tank where Bernice is located. Bernice, being who she is, will NOT put up with a cat interfering with the nightly activities of the Hermit Crab-o-torium.

ROTFLMAO at 2:30 in the morning! ... Bernice is tapping on the glass and giving Bruno the cat THE CLAW!

Bruno is pawing gently at the glass. He is curious about the crabs. Bernice taps on the glass and then hikes her arm waaaaaaaaaaay up high ...! OMG! The Hermit Crab just gave the cat THE CLAW!

Later at a more civilized time of the morning, Daisy wanted to shove Henry's head into her mouth again. Henry was having none of that and he smacked her on the nose with his splint.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... What to do? What to do???

Daisy left and came back with a rubber ball which she lobbed at Henry. It bounced off the top of his head (PERFECT SHOT!) and then she left. LOL!

Zinnia? Daisy is coming PRIORITY MAIL! :-)

C3D

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

We could work something out. One of those timeshare things, plus petsitting... I love the north shore (grew up in Amish country just south of you) and you could find things to do down here in the Miami Valley, and then we'd both return home COUNTING our blessings after dealing with each other's troublesome pets. :)

I am using a Halti lead on Rye and finally able to walk him without seeing a chiropractor afterward. He is the first dog who ever resisted my (I have to say) truly expert dog training abilities. He is Der Dominator. And the sweetest spirit you ever met, which is why I've not been able to do what it takes to dominate him.

And then there's Omie, who I'm pretty sure sees dead people. Truly psychotic. And Bobby Ray, a cat with an evil twin, Feist. And Fern, a barn owl in a cat's body.

Sure, come on down! Or just send Daisy, she'll be right at home.

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

a barn owl in a cat's body.

now that must be interesting!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LMAO @ Bernice and the CLAW!!! That is just too funny, and so are Daisy and Henry! I can't believe you've only had her close to a year. She seems like ye olde family member! Whatever pig dumped her will get his comeuppance, I hope. What comes around....

I'm too used to having a one-cat household. It's just not as exciting as yours and Zinnia's! (Which is a bad thing...)

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Z. ? Barn Owl in a cat's body? How did that happen?

Hi Brenda. Sure is hard to believe that Daisy has not even been here a year and has brought so much devestation and havoc, uhh I mean, caused the discussion of many entertaining topics and brought so much joy.

She also brought me a block of suet a few minutes ago. Good girl!

C3D

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Oh yeah, don't want those birds getting fat off that stuff! Good dog Daisy!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Henry had his splint removed. He was walking *gingerly* as he was getting used to having his leg back to full mobility. Daisy eagerly watched as Henry started to walk from the kitchen.

She smacked him in the side with a toy stuffed tomato. THUMP! ~~~~> There! I \*KNEW\* you could walk faster! ~SIGH~ Henry doesn't look too traumatized though. :\-) {{gwi:165838}}
  • jeanner
    17 years ago

No, I'd say Henry looks pretty comfy ... and quite dignified! How do cats do that - they always look totally in control even after a klutsy moment of falling off the back of the couch ???

And how is Mr. Red???

• sheepco
    17 years ago

I dunno, I think that look says 'if you let IT or IT'S tomatoe near me one more time I will NEVER speak to you again! Hmmpphh'

Glad Henry's mended! :) :)

• hnladue
    17 years ago

He's got that evil eye working.... thinking of ways to off the dog!!!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Holy kitties, Henry is delicious! No wonder Daisy can't keep her paws to herself; Henry is a heartbreaker. That tummy screams, "Kiss me, demmit!"

I think Daisy needs her own TV show. Who needs Ugly Betty when you can have Crazy Daisy?

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Henry has "that look" on his face because seconds before he was sprawled across the top of the chair and the flash from the camera woke hip up. That evil eye is directed at me!

Henry doesn't care for belly kisses. You need to direct your attention to Zorro, our asthma kitty, and his belly. He *LOVES* a belly kiss or three. :-)

Maggie, the smallest and oldest kitty is the one who will chase Daisy through the house to put her in her place.

OMG!!! Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of The Crazy Daisy Show! This week, water gardening.

Mr. Red is fantastic, aside from being permanently blind in the left eye. Hmmmm. Dunno? Did I update you about him? The ophthalmologist examined him and said "his retina is shredded." The blindness is 100% permanent and he is at risk for developing glaucoma in that eye as well as getting seizures. But for now he is doing great.

He's got a minimum of 5 distinct songs. One is always sung at about 2:30~3:00AM and sounds very similar to that of a male canary song. :-)