Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairy_toadmother

not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairy_toadmother
17 years ago

ok, so i really do try to leave nature to itself. THEN, someone comes along and annihilates their little micro bioscape.

i had been montoring 4 separate areas/puddles with tadpoles. one was along the road and 3 were on dirt trails. they weren't even close to drying up, surprisingly. today, the one along the road had been scooped out and spread. i assume to get it to dry out! *insert major cuss words here*

two areas, which really equal four b/c they were deep tire ruts, were driven through. come on, i straddle the ***** things. one was so deep i hope they bottomed out, but not likely.

Comments (11)

• youreit
    17 years ago

It's the Evil Toad Witch of the West, FTM!

Hey, you could buy little, blank yard signs and write something like "Careful, Wet Toads!" on them. Then place them in strategic areas. It can't hurt, I guess. :(

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Oh Brenda, not a bad idea! Really Fairy, as long as you don't create a road hazard and get fined! You could place something on the trails at least, if not a sign, so they have to go around?
    It's unbelievable how many people are oblivious to these things or just don't care.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm sorry it got torn up by stupid people! PJ

• hnladue
    17 years ago

Hey!! How did that cone get there............

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

....with a huge area surrounded with yellow CRIME SCENE tape...

DESIGNATED AMPHIBIAN SANCTUARY

HUMANS KEEP OUT !

• jeanner
    17 years ago

How about a NO TRESPASSING sign???

• ademink
    17 years ago

How about a bunch of thick roofing nails, points up? LOL

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

lol, brenda. i know! radiation signs!!!

ooo, i like your idea chicka and i am of course very partial to andrea's idea :) i could get my hands on some crime scene tape and after the nails set in, it would be proper.

no trespassing wouldn't work since the ones who did this were supposed to be there :( some of them work there, also. just oblivious jerks who think nothing of the little people, even of their existence.

i can find lots of cones, too. but too late :( i will try to remember these ideas for next year.

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Ahhhh, no taddies left? :(

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

no poo, they were annihilated :(

there is one more puddle that they should be safe in if it doesn't dry up.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

oh the irony of it all....

after a couple good rains, that large puddle that water was scooped and spread from is filled back in. so, all hat was accomplished was amphibious death.