Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

Random thoughts as you work.....and a Chuckle

calliope
12 years ago

Do you find yourself letting your mind wander when in the midst of a routine chore. It's always been my way of staying enthused in periods of tedium. I was making bread just a bit ago and an old memory popped back into my head. I'm sure something tickled a brain cell but I can't think of what would make me think of this.

I was taking my mother for a podiastrist appointment in town. Parking was always scarce, and she was disabled to the point she could not walk far, so I was particularly tickled to find an empty parking spot directly in front of the doctor's office. The problem was, I was driving a Jeep Cherokee and the spot looked only slightly longer than the car. I ponied up to the side of the car in front, and the fates were with me as I slid backward into the hole, eased forward once, back once and turned off the ignition. I burst out laughing as I looked up to see two elderly codgers who were sitting on a park bench in front of the ofice then stand up at attention and begin applauding. I exited the car, bowed in appreciation and took my Mama inside.

Those elderly gentlmenh made my day. I can only imagine the conversation between them as placed myself in the position to parallel park and I suspect someone had to make good on a wager. I love those kind, human interactions. Made my day ;-)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions