Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

It Seems They Have Picked Up Where They Left Off...

endorphinjunkie
16 years ago

Around 1979, methinks....

Eagles.

Actually, sounds more like early '70's.

Running down the road tryin' to loosin' my load....

Elia

Comments (11)

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Aah...Take It Easy. I love those guys and if I'm remember correctly so does Fortenbras.

• fortenbras
    16 years ago

'relax, said the night man,
    We are programmed to receive.
    You can checkout any time you like,
    But you can never leave!'

Marda, yer just evil! ;o)

Oh why, oh why did I get out of the hammock in front of the shotgun shack back in July, '75? Other than that, I'd more than likely be between Pescadero and Redwood City right now! My summer vacations were spent in the Sierras... except for that one.

Kinda think I got a 2 week stay of execution by TPC. Guess I'll find out. Same company since March of 1978 to present, there is no competition, and higher rates than most of the rest of the world. It took 4 months to get a temporary line run in back in 1977.

The 40 acres, house, shop, ~50 years of collected goodies that haven't been sold are all up for sale. The vultures are lined up in the sky.

Don't know if it'll pass mustard, commercial. The link below will let you go look at places you've lived in the past and maybe places you might like in the future. Back in my skool daze, got the experience of living under a really nice azalea below Blair House, a bunch of time in a barrack at Fort Meyer, and many nights under a friendly fir tree next to the Iwo Jima Memorial. Had to be 21 to sign a rental agreement and I was a looong way from L.A.! BTW, the bell carillon is a kick to climb.

***sigh***

Here is a link that might be useful: Zillow

• treemonster
    16 years ago

fruit salad

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Fort..that's a great link and a lot of fun to try out. I found all our old houses there. The Eagles bring back many memories for me too more so than a lot of groups for some reason. They recorded a lot of many songs...Heartache Tonight,Peaceful Easy Feeling,Lying Eyes,The Best of My Love and so many more. One of my favorites,although not as well know as the others was I Can't Tell You Why. One sexy song.

Here is a link that might be useful: I Can't Tell You Why

• endorphinjunkie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The new cd will be out October 30th.

• natal
    16 years ago

The new cd will be out October 30th.

But why only on their site and at Wally World and Sam's?

Mwoods, that was one of my favorites too!

• endorphinjunkie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hmmm, they musta made a deal with the Devil....

• calliope
    16 years ago

Thanks! First big belly laugh of the day. It was cathartic.

• mwoods
    16 years ago

according to Don Henley, Walmart isn't anymore evil than the mega record companies.

• endorphinjunkie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hmm, that's a moral paradox, isn't it.

Methinks I'll defer to Mae West's take on that dilemma....

Elia

• tibs
    16 years ago

I use to like the Eagles. Until the summer the dh was paining the trim on the house and played the Eagles greatest hits over and over and over.

Sponsored
More Discussions