Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

I need some help here!

anneliese_32
13 years ago

It's trashday and it is windy. So far I ran after a big box filled with lightweight trash (mine), picked up the blown over full can (neighbor), rescued 3 empty trash cans before they ended up on the mainstreet. Everybody is at work and it is getting very gusty around here. I am just glad that I stowed anything loose yesterday evening. It's gusting at 45 mph and that's just the beginning.

Comments (10)

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

We will most likely be under a tornado watch early this afternoon. That wind you are experiencing will be here in a couple of hours. Same front, I believe.

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We had to duck here for a few minutes, tornado sirens going off. No touchdown here, but straight line winds to 80mph. Got some dead tree limbs down, but those needed to come down anyhow. Had short-term power outage in our corner, more damage a couple of miles away. Good luck to all of you on the east side of the storm line.
    The good news in all the mess, we finally have some rain.

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Local schools are closing. Except the colleges, as usual.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

I saw all the signs knocked down in the hospital plaza. Decided not to pick them until it has passed. Wouldn't do any good anyhow. It's nice of you to chase the stuff, but it is unlikely to work until it's quit blowing. Of course they didn't close, why would they? Not even covered in ice did they close for us. UGH! Sorry Michael, maybe they'll get a clue someday, but I wouldn't count on it! The sirens have finished blaring and no more alerts, yellow, orange, or otherwise. Luck to those on the flip side! Y'all be careful.

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Well, the wall cloud passed over us but didn't drop the tornado until it had passed us by. The tornado is on the ground somewhere around Huntsville.

• jazmynsmom
    13 years ago

We're experiencing winds up to 70 MPH. Steve and I battened down the hatches yesterday. The tornado watches haven't amounted to anything so far. Not looking forward to loading in truckloads of supplies for our conference tomorrow morning because it's going to be just as bad then. I'm worried about the trucks blowing over and glad I don't have to drive them.

When I opened the office door today, the wind was so bad it blew out the tiles in our acoustic ceiling. Had to navigate around a couple utility company cherry pickers on my way home. They were fixing a power line a tree had taken out on its way down. A vendor of ours couldn't do some web changes I'd requested because his power had been knocked out by a tree. The utility guys are going to be getting in TONS of overtime in the next two days.

I'm glad our trash day isn't until Thursday. I don't think I'd ever see my trash can again if it were outside today...

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

oh my gosh, it sounds like you all are having a really terrible weather day. I hope everything will be ok.

• tibs
    13 years ago

We had all kinds of warnings but the big winds went north and west of us.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

We had lots of warnings, too, even a tornado watch till 3 a.m., this morning. Fortunately, nothing ever materialized, not even a stiff breeze.

• jazmynsmom
    13 years ago

Spent the day checking in exhibitors for our conference. Most had to travel, and most had hellacious stories of delayed flights, diverted flights, surprise bus rides, and vehicles blowing or nearly blowing off the road. Hope tomorrow is calm.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions