amy_kakes
15 years ago

Link below has pics...

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog

Comments (9)

• Iris GW
    15 years ago

You have 3 pictures on your blog, are you trying to identify all 3? Can you give any background on the plants, where are they growing, did you buy them, are they wild?

The first one, the pink buds, looks like Lycoris squamigera.

• carol23_gw
    15 years ago

The last plant picture looks like an Amaranthus.

• amy_kakes
    Original Author
    15 years ago

They are all growing wild...the last one srung up from a crack in the driveway and the rest are in the garden...

Thanks!

• joem50
    15 years ago

The middle plant with the compound leaves looks like Ailanthus altissima, Tree of Heaven. If it is, the leaves, when crushed, should have an offensive odor. Some people have described the odor as "rancid peanut butter". In the northeastern US, it is extremely invasive. The female trees produce large clusters of winged seeds which will germinate just about anywhere. Is this the plant coming out of the crack in the driveway? If it is Tree of Heaven (written about in "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"), you need to remove the entire root otherwise it will just keep sprouting. If necessary, an herbicide (Triclopyr - trade name Brush Be Gone, I think) should kill it.

• florae
    15 years ago

I have had several "mystery plants" spring up amongst my periennal flower beds and 2 different plants under my deck. I will have to find a way to get under the deck because one of the two plants is growing up between the deck floor, the other one is trailing along profusely and is about to cover the entire ground below the deck which was sprayed with a soil sterilizer and covered with stones eight years ago. It is a job I am not looking forward to and want to determine if either or both plants are worth trying to transplant eleswhere. The plants in the flower bed are quite pretty at this stage of growth so I have been waiting to see if I can identify to determine if I should just let them keep growing. I suspect this is a result of using a different brand of wild bird seed. Thanks for anyone's response.

• florae
    15 years ago

Sorry I have to upload the various mystery plant photos. I am working on it now. I have posted to "Amy's" plant although I am "florea" and trying to get my own plants identified.

• florae
    15 years ago

Please bare with me, I have to re-size my photos which is taking me awhile as need to find a better program that resizes. When I get them to resize below 60 kb then I will post all of them.

• carol23_gw
    15 years ago

florae, why not open a free Photobucket.com account, then you don't need to re-size. On the Photobucket account, copy , then paste the HTML line right here on the message portion of the post. All of your photos can be posted together. Start your own thread on Name that Plant.

• saltcedar
    15 years ago

First image looks like a Lycoris Sp.

HTH
    Chris