Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelleh_gw

Hydraulic line location on JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2350

michelleh
16 years ago

I am considering purchasing either a JD 2305 or a Kubota BX2350 Compact Tractor. I will be using both a FEL as well as a mid-mount mower of 60". When I looked at the BX, I see that the hydraulic line connections are up on the side of the tractor in a nice neat line. But when I looked at the JD 2305, I see that the hydraulic lines are connected under the foot platform and drape down a bit before they then make their way up to the FEL. This seems to me that these hydraulic lines would get in the way of the mid-mount mower. Do I have to disconnect the FEL each time I use the mower? Is this a problem? Or am I just being neurotic?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (8)

• brenhamite
    16 years ago

You do have to disconnect the mower hyraulic hose and connect a single fel hose to use the loader. You can't raise or lower the mower deck with all of the fel hoses attached and can't use the mower with the fel operational.
    Great idea eh?
    But my 2 week old JD 2305 is broken for the second time and waiting for parts now. I didn't want to mow anyway.

• aesanders
    16 years ago

brenhamite quoted 'You do have to disconnect the mower hyraulic hose and connect a single fel hose to use the loader. You can't raise or lower the mower deck with all of the fel hoses attached and can't use the mower with the fel operational.
    Great idea eh?'

Where are you getting your informaton from anyway? I think you just got your panties all tied up in a not from haveing some issues with your new purchase. Sh!t happens sometimes so deal with it like an adult instead of making stuff up.

To michellel, there is not an issue with the hydraulic lines they way they are. Have the dealer demonstrate on the lot for you so you can see for yourself...

• kubotabx2200
    16 years ago

I have the BX2200 which has the same hydraulics as the BX2350. Those hydraulic quick connections at the side of the tractor are so you can easily attach and detach the FEL. It take about 5 minutes to do it.

The mid mount mower has nothing to do with it. It is completely unaffected by attaching or using the FEL. You can attach or detach and use the mower and the FEL at the same time, or either one without the other, in any combination.

Of course can mow and use and the FEL at the same time. It would be pretty ridiculous if you could not do that. In fact I mow grass with the FEL attached all the time. When mowing I tow a lawn sweeper behind the tractor, and after I dump the grass clipping in front of the compost heap, I use the FEL to shovel the clippings onto the compost and mix it into the pile.

I can also attach and detach the mower and the FEL independently of each other, and use either one with or without using the other. Of course you would want to do this. After all, they are two independent attachments on different parts of the tractor aren't they?

• lb59
    16 years ago

------------ Same goes for my Kubota BX 23 plus you can do it with the BH also. -----------------------------------------------------
    Posted by kubotabx2200 Zone 5b NH (My Page) on Mon, May 28, 07 at 0:54

I have the BX2200 which has the same hydraulics as the BX2350. Those hydraulic quick connections at the side of the tractor are so you can easily attach and detach the FEL. It take about 5 minutes to do it.
    The mid mount mower has nothing to do with it. It is completely unaffected by attaching or using the FEL. You can attach or detach and use the mower and the FEL at the same time, or either one without the other, in any combination.

Of course can mow and use and the FEL at the same time. It would be pretty ridiculous if you could not do that. In fact I mow grass with the FEL attached all the time. When mowing I tow a lawn sweeper behind the tractor, and after I dump the grass clipping in front of the compost heap, I use the FEL to shovel the clippings onto the compost and mix it into the pile.

I can also attach and detach the mower and the FEL independently of each other, and use either one with or without using the other. Of course you would want to do this. After all, they are two independent attachments on different parts of the tractor aren't they?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• machiem
    16 years ago

LB,

Did you finally take your FEL and BH off while you mow? As of a few months ago, you'd never taken them off and were mowing with both attached on your BX23.

Maybe now you can buy a tiller and front blade for that BX...

• jdfanatic
    16 years ago

michelleh,

You DO NOT have to detach anything to use either the FEL or the MMM or the BH for that matter on the 2305. Now you could get into a discussion of why you would want to mow with all that extra weight up high, although I do admit to using the FEL with the MMM attached quite often. Both the BX and the 2305 are excellent sub-CUT tractors. Have you test driven them? If it were me, it would come down to the ergonomics I liked best and the strength of the dealer.

Cheers

JDFANATIC

• kubotabx2200
    16 years ago

I mow with the FEL attached to my BX2200 too. It's a lot more convenient than detaching it every time you mow the lawn. I use it during the mowing job too, I dump grass clippings on the compost heap and spread them around with the FEL.

• lb59
    16 years ago

I leve em onit .
    Attachments are fer ta use = Ya can't use em if they ain't on it.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions