Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donn_

Wish her luck!

donn_
17 years ago

I'm leaving in a few minutes, to take SWMBO to the hospital to have her Gall Bladder removed.

With luck, we'll be home by late afternoon.

Cross your fingers, and sow a seed for her.

Comments (14)

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

You got it, buddy! I am thinking about you both right now.

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

I hope it went well. Should be all over by now.

I know you'll be a good nurse.

Karen

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Wishing both of you the fastest recovery. All went well, I hope.

• donn_
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks. We just got home. The surgery was a breeze, but the hospital was slow. She's resting comfortably in her recliner, and happy it's done.

• solana
    17 years ago

Glad it went well!

SWMBO - wishing you a gentle recovery and best outcome. Take your time.

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Here's hoping for her quick recovery. A recliner and a loving helper sounds like a good start.

Laurel

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

Glad all went well.

Karen

• bakemom_gw
    17 years ago

That's our girl! Best to you both! After Ohio State, I've been a little hinky about sure things...

• donn_
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The most difficult part of this has been getting her to ask for what she wants, instead of getting up and getting it herself, but I think she's getting used to it now. She's happy to be home, and the dog is sticking to her like glue. Red comes and gets me when Madge needs something. It's like a Lassie moment. "Lassie, what does Mommy want?"

She's alternating between sleeping and watching victorian melodrama movies on the tube. The sunroom, where her recliner is, smells like a florist's shop due to an immense bouquet from her employer, which arrived yesterday. Roses, Lady's Mantle, Lilies and some kind of huge pink Snapdragon-like flowers, with long blades of ornamental grass. She was very impressed I knew what the Lady's Mantle was.

The only discomfort she has is in her shoulder blades. Apparently they stuffed her upper torso with inert gas, in order to expand the volume of the area and reduce the size of the gall bladder. That pressure on diaphragm and skeleton stressed her bones. The actual incisions aren't bothering her at all, even though it looks like she took a hit from Dick Cheney's shotgun, right in the abdomen. 4 tiny angry red wounds dot her tummy.

Her appetite's back, for the first time in months. It's the first sign that the gall bladder was the problem. Last night's supper was a lovely bowl of rice & beans, with some Grey Poupon and Peter Luger sauce mixed in. She wolfed it down with delight.

Today, under the surgeon's instructions, I'm to get her mobile. I'll tuck her into her rainsuit and we'll take a stroll in the mild but damp January air. Red will be in heaven, having us both on a walk with her. After that, she get's to take her first shower since the surgery. I'll have to be in attendance, of course, lest she slips. That'll be fun.;>>

• not_a_contessa
    17 years ago

Donn, that is so cute, you're a good buddy like my DH is. I'm so lucky to have him. It's great to hear that she's doing well. Our best wishes to both of you.

Mary

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    17 years ago

So sweet you are Donn! She certainly found a 'good' one! :)

Very glad to hear things are going well. I hope you have a wonderful walk together!

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Thank you for an update, Donn. SWMBO is one lucky lady. Your tendernes and caring is clear as bell. Red is one lucky dog too. :-)

Wishing her a perfect health.

• netwiz
    17 years ago

So glad SWMBO is doing well. I couldn't help but laugh when I envisioned your wicked little grin while writing about the shower. You are quite a card!

Joanne

• richdelmo
    17 years ago

First time I saw this post was today, glad all is going well and hope for more of the same.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting