Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mendocino_rose

Climbing Wonders

mendocino_rose
10 years ago

We're close to peak of bloom now. There are so many wonderous sights. I love climbers. Here are a few from today.

Climbing Snowbird
{{gwi:269168}}

Climbing Gruss an Achen
{{gwi:269169}}

Climbing Tiffany
{{gwi:269170}}

Climbing Peace
{{gwi:269171}}

Don Juan
{{gwi:269172}}

Comments (18)

• sherryocala
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness, Pam! How glorious!! Keep 'em coming. I am dying to share this on Facebook, but I'll let you do the honors.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

These are stunning, Pam. I've never seen a Cl. Gruss an Aachen and that is the prettiest sight. Cl. Snowbird is as beautiful as its name. I have a feeling you have many roses that many of us haven't seen or even heard about. More, please.

Ingrid

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

And they are all wonderful!

• strawchicago z5
    10 years ago

We don't have climbing roses in zone 5a, so that's a real treat for me. Don Juan is amazing! They all are, what a celebration of life. Thanks for posting.

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Wonderful garden and gorgeous shots, Pamela! Thank you! Might you have the opportunity to shoot some foliage, wood, prickles, but and bloom comparison shots to enhance the Yellow Antique Rose thread from a few weeks back, please? Granted, Showbird has some yellow but bleaches white. But, it would be a nice comparison to see those traits from a mature Climbing Snowbird with those of the yellow antique. Thanks! Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellow Antique Rose

• annesfbay
    10 years ago

They are all so beautiful. But, that Cl. Snowbird is soooo beautiful. If only I had unlimited chainlink fence!

Anne

• annabeth
    10 years ago

Love, love, love them. Especially the pic of Cl. Gruss an Aachen. Keep them coming...we'll never get enough!

Annabeth

• rosefolly
    10 years ago

Lovely, each and every one. You truly do have walls of roses.

• jeannie2009
    10 years ago

Thank you for posting these magnificent flowers. My roses are just beginning to open. As in 5-6 blooms. Such a fun time.
    Jeannie

• mendocino_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kim, I'll see what I can do.

• catspa_NoCA_Z9_Sunset14
    10 years ago

These and the earlier photos are such a testament to your vision, patience and skill. Absolute inspiration.

I especially love the climbing Snowbird. Snowbird the shrub is wonderful but Snowbird the climber is sublime.

Debbie

• lori_elf z6b MD
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I so love seeing pictures of your magical garden!

• windeaux
    10 years ago

It's always a pleasure to see a well-grown 'Peace, Cl'. It's bad reputation is pervasive, but, IMO, undeserved. I've not grown the bush form for many years, but hope never to be without the climber.

Your GaA is spectacular -- and ROBUST! It's doubtful that mine will reach those proportions, but I think I must now reconsider how I've been describing its growth habits to other gardeners.

I hope you'll consider posting these fine photos on HMF -- esp. those of GaA and 'Tiffany, Cl.' Presently, photos there of those two don't illustrate their climbing potential.

• mendocino_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Windeaux, Thank you for reminding me to go to HMF, My guess is that your Climbing Gruss an Achen will look like mine soon. Climbing Peace does have disease problems, but i don't think it's hopeless. In a mild summer it even reblooms. It really is a special thing.

• cambel
    10 years ago

Pam, what do you think of Climbing Tiffany? I was thinking of trying to mix it with a Climbing Angel Face or a Climbing Blue Girl (If I could find one).

Is it prolific??

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Love 'em all--but especially Cl. Gruss an Aachen and Cl. Tiffany.

Kate

• melissa_thefarm
    10 years ago

Need I say, you have a wonderful garden! What kind of supports are you growing these on, or could they be grown freestanding? I don't have many large-flowered climbers and don't know much about them. Are yours grafted or ownroot? Thanks,
    Melissa

• bluegirl_gw
    10 years ago

Soooo beautiful! Each photo is astonishing, then you scroll down to the next, & Ohhh!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County