Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renodaisy

Love everything, especially the old door. Great job!!

Lisa Jones
11 years ago
Windy Brae · More Info

Comments (10)

• PRO
    ROOMS & BLOOMS
    11 years ago
    Thanks!!
    Anne & Rick
  • imarra13
    11 years ago
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS :)
  • Liza James
    11 years ago
    Is that an old dutch door and is it wood? If so how did you "treat" it so it wouldn't rot?
  • PRO
    ROOMS & BLOOMS
    11 years ago
    Thank you. The doors were original to our 1928 'Four Square' style house. The doors were found in the basement. We removed the glass, sanded the doors and finished with marine grade paint. As long as there is no place for water to infiltrate, the wood shouldn't rot. They withstood the test of time as exterior doors on the house and have been used as gates for over 12 years.
  • Liza James
    11 years ago
    Thank you they are beautiful, "as long as there is no place for water to infiltrate" do you mean you had to be careful to cover the door completely in the sealer (marine grade paint)?
  • PRO
    ROOMS & BLOOMS
    11 years ago
    Hi Liza, That's correct. The whole surface has to be completely sealed so water can't get to the wood.
  • Liza James
    11 years ago
    Thank you you have been very helpful!!!!!!!!
  • mspolonia89
    11 years ago
    I just want to compliment your brilliant door idea, I will be doing it at my house in CT. I have 100 year old doors in the attic I didn't want to throw away, now they will be used. Ohhh I'm so excited!
  • PRO
    ROOMS & BLOOMS
    11 years ago
    Thank you very much. It is great to put something to use that has been lying around for years and especially something that BELONGS to the house!
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!