Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
archoo16

too late for ridgegourd and eggplants?

archoo16
11 years ago

I know its too late to think about starting new eggplants , but I am about to get some seeds that a friend's friend's friend (you get the idea) had to spare and which nobody seemed to want. so I want to know if they would be viable for next year? If not, can I start them now in containers and still have a some fruits for seed? I live in zone5b in an apartment.

This question also applies to ridge gourd seeds which I am hoping to receive with the eggplant seeds. I am thinking a nice big container should do it, but is there enough time? will the seeds be viable next year?

Comments (2)

• denninmi
    11 years ago

Yes, the seeds of both will be good next year. I definitely wouldn't bother with the eggplant, they will be just starting to produce by frost. You should be able to still find eggplant transplants at garden centers, I would go that route. The ridged gourds probably would still have time to do something late in the summer, since they take about 2 months to begin blooming.

• archoo16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you denninmi. I'll plant them both next year. Besides all my pots have filled my tiny balcony. Am so happy the seeds are good for another year. They'll have enough time then.

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH