Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulan70

Take a walk thru my gardens Heavy PICS

paulan70
16 years ago

Cone and see how my flowers grow. These are some columbines that I grew last year.

columbine from a distance

{{gwi:393377}}

{{gwi:393379}}

{{gwi:393381}}

native columbine

{{gwi:393383}}

my side bed

{{gwi:393385}}

front bed

{{gwi:393387}}

{{gwi:393388}}

Last years gaillardia waiting for it to bloom this is from last year.

{{gwi:393390}}

here is what I still have to do. Waiting for these to germinate.

{{gwi:393393}}

Waiting for these to get a little bit bigger.

{{gwi:393396}}

{{gwi:393398}}

{{gwi:393401}}

{{gwi:393403}}

these are all zinnias. Each jug is a single kind of zinnia.

{{gwi:393406}}

Here is my wall of plants that my dh made for me. Most of these will be given away to family and frineds.

{{gwi:393408}}

Sorry about some of these pics we had to move everything since this weekend my son graduates from high school and his open house is gonna be here so I had to make room in the sunny part of the yard that we are not using at the moment.

Paula

Comments (15)

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    16 years ago

Just GORGEOUS gardens!! Your sprouts are WOW, and you have soooo many!

You go girl!! :O)

• PVick
    16 years ago

Wow! I'm a friend - any of those sprouts for me? LOL! Can't wait to see all those zinnias planted out and blooming!

And congrats to your son on his graduation.

PV

• terrene
    16 years ago

Your Columbine is beautiful! And double wow, you sure have a lot of containers of all kinds of sprouts! Fabulous!

• shasta_2008
    16 years ago

TONS of flowers, can't wait to see your gardens!

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Absolutely wonderful! Everything looks so great! I cant wait to see pics later in the season...hint...hint....:)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

those look georgeous!! that's still alot of plants to plant!! i have alot, that are tiny, and some that don't even have anything in them yet. i'm with angie, i can't wait to see the end result!!! its gotta be beautifull!! :'))

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I just love the columbine, and also cant wait to see the end result. You did GREAT with the wintersowing !

Congrats to your son on graduating ! They sure do grow up fast !

• carrie630
    16 years ago

You did a really great job wintersowing - and those zinnias are bigger than mine and I've had mine planted out almost 5 weeks!! What's your secret?

Keep us posted

Carrie

• vera_eastern_wa
    16 years ago

Oh dang!!! Can't wait to see your Zinnia in bloom....that's gonna be something else! Love your "wall-of-plants"!!! Cheers for the DH :D

Vera

• playintheyard
    16 years ago

wow!! What a lot of containers. The wall your husband put up is a great idea!
    I planted out some zinnias today and they are miniscule compared to mine.
    I also can't wait for pictures in bloom.

Annette

• richdelmo
    16 years ago

Paula great job do you know how many containter you did?

• paulan70
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for the comments. I did a total of 262 jugs I think plus I also had to resow a few that did not germinate or got drowned out by the rain. But I think there is like 26 different types of zinnias. Now I just have to find place to put everything. Luckily I have a bunch of sisters and a few in laws who like to garden. And I will posting pics during the summer. Thanks again.

Paula

• kqcrna
    16 years ago

Very nice. You'd better get out there and plant!

Whew, I can't imagine 262!

Karen

• MissMyGardens
    16 years ago

Wow! What a garden...I scrolled back up to see what zone you were in figuring it had to be warmer than mine and you're in zone 5 versus my zone 6. You got the touch and a LOT of it after seeing all those sprouts and actual PLANTS in those containers. What a great job. I have Zinnia envy and not just the Green Envy ones...LOL. I can't get enough of them but since I've moved some newly sown ones up to windowsills in my father's "office" to get them to germinate in warmth (40s for weeks at night) we've come to a standoff.

What a job you did...so impressed and you're going to have gorgeous bloomin gardens. Congrats on gardens and son's graduation. Awesome.

• bakemom_gw
    16 years ago

Nice job! Thanks for sharing those pics.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor