Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulan70

just showing off my progress so far. heavy pics

paulan70
15 years ago

I just thought I would post some pic to show how everything is doing. I will try and match the before pictures to the now pics.

first pic of zinnia bed

{{gwi:408813}}

{{gwi:418216}}

{{gwi:418217}}

Now they are like this

Side shade bed

{{gwi:406989}}

{{gwi:406990}}

2 pics

{{gwi:418220}}

{{gwi:418221}}

Now they are

Front Sun bed

{{gwi:408815}}

{{gwi:408814}}

2ed pic

{{gwi:418218}}

{{gwi:418219}}

Now they are This is a back view

a few flowers from the front

Dahlias and cannas

{{gwi:409063}}

{{gwi:418215}}

Now they are

The bed as a whole

{{gwi:409057}}

{{gwi:409059}}

Ok so what do you think. I will post seperate pics in a different post.

Paula

Comments (14)

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I think the beds look great. I didn't plant a bunch of zinnias like I did last year and now wish I had. I like to put them in vases and have had to do without this year. I will plant some next year. Perhaps my small south bed that I used for a dump bed this year.

• kqcrna
    15 years ago

Wow, Paula, everything looks great. What a transformation. You should be proud.

Karen

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Great job, Paula. It is interesting to see them progress from seedlings to fully grown and in bloom. Those dahlias and cannas closeups are outstanding.

• lblack61
    15 years ago

Very very nice! Proof that if you plant those seedlings as seedlings, they will EXPLODE! :-)

Linda

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

I bet yours is the house everyone loves to walk past... I know I would! Fantastic gardens!:)

• gnomey
    15 years ago

Wow... let me pick my jaw up. Those are fantastic and thanks for posting the pictures so that we can see the progress from little babies to beautiful blooms. You really have some awesome displays! I love the close ups of the cannas too. Are those ones you started from seed?

Thanks for sharing! I am getting more and more excited about trying to ws this year. What an inspiration your photos have been.

Not that I don't have like TONS to do to get ready.. but still I just can't wait!

• paulan70
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone. It is still a wprk in progress at least in my head as I am already rearranging things for next year.

gnomey

The last two cannas were ones I had started from seed this year. It is still amazing to to me that such a small seed can produce such a large plant and already flower.

Paula

• shasta_2008
    15 years ago

Looks great! You don't have much to mow do you? :)

• carrie630
    15 years ago

You really did a great job and I love the "before and after" pictures - so helpful for the newbies.

Carrie

• tndandelion
    15 years ago

simply gorgeous!!!

• june_2007
    15 years ago

Are you planting directly in the ground or containers first?

• rosebush
    15 years ago

Oh, Paula, your garden beds are beautiful! I love seeing the progression from seedling to flower. Great pics! :)

• paulan70
    Original Author
    15 years ago

june 2007

There were some that I planted in other containers first mainly in my case to keep the bunnies and other things to keep from eating them. But most of them went into the ground straight from the jug.

I took so long to get the zinnias in the ground that the red star zinnia (i think it is the correct name) started blooming while it was still in the ws jug so I was getting worried. But they made the move great and are blooming thier little heads off. And you can't even tell when I cut a bunch for the house.

Thanks everyone.

Paula

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Wow that is lovely, I can't believe how they filled in. Especially the canna's I didn't know they could get that big. I'd better go add them to my list, lol.

Sponsored