Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenvein

Source of leaves, cuttings, small plants of begonias

greenvein
10 years ago

Back in the day there were people who gave, exchanged or sold leaves, cuttings, small plants of begonias. Of late I have been unable to find anyone like that. The begonia exchange posts are YEARS out of date. I have begonias, tropical and temperate zone plants I could offer in exchange. Any ideas?

Comments (7)

• hc mcdole
    10 years ago

I doubt anyone goes to the exchange or gallery forums - seems dead and counterproductive when it should be handled in one forum. Now that you posted you might get some takers.

• greenvein
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. Used to be very active and fun. Pity.

• hc mcdole
    10 years ago

Times keep changing though.

I didn't see your email address so hard to exchange lists.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Trading is very active, don't let one forum's exchange page fool you. I find that most trade ideas come from regular discussions, then are worked-out in private messages or emails.

Keeping your exchange page current lets people know you're currently interested in trading. I keep the date I last edited on mine. Wouldn't it just take a second to paste your list on your exchange page? It's empty. If I clicked on that, I wouldn't think you were interested in receiving a private note proposing a trade. You can use some HTML to make it more attention-getting.

The house plant forum might also help you hook up with other traders.

• knlim000
    10 years ago

i have no begonias , can you check my list to see if you want to exchange with those instead?

• chloeasha
    10 years ago

Greenvein, which begonias do you have and want? I'm also on a trade hunt for begonias and a few other things like epiphytic cacti and such.

• pugmeister
    10 years ago

Have you considered becoming a member of the American Begonia Society? At my local branch, plants are often donated and exchanged. The ABS seed fund is also available for member,. A pack of seeds is $2 or $3 plus postage, and doubtless your donations would be much appeciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Begonia Society

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County