Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

OT: We just had a small 4.2 earthquake.

figara
14 years ago

Few minutes ago we had a small earthquake. Everything is OK,no damages. I did not feel it :-)). I was washing dishes in the kitchen when my husband came to me and asked if I felt it. Thanks GOD I did not felt it and save me for scare.

Pat

Comments (11)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Glad all is OK! I know I would have be scared and Ready to move!
    Be safe and take care.
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

This is CRAZY! Is the whole world out of sink ?

So glad everything is ok with you!!

Lucy

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Stay safe and prayerful.

Be Bless
    Chocolate Brug

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I'm glad you didn't have any damage. Have you ever felt one? That would freak me out.

• chena
    14 years ago

Glad you missed it..LOL When I lived in SC we had an earthquake and I thought the guys down stairs blew up their oven or something.. I didn't know it was a quake till I saw the news..

• haase
    14 years ago

In 1987 I was sitting at my desk in Whittier, when the earthquake hit with a magnitude of 5.9
    The cabinets on the walls broke off, I couldn't get up at all, shaking so much, and right next to my chair the floor openend up starting behind me, to all the way across the alley in front of the building.
    Later, when everything got fixed, they referred to the gap next to my desk as "Ingrid's Fault".

• rialira
    14 years ago

that all sounds really scary! glad everything's okay!

and also, that's incredibly terrifying and I feel like it's inappropriate, but something about referring to the hole as "ingrid's fault" made me smile :P

• figara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn, I am soooo scared of earthquakes. I felt 2 big ones ...first one in Romania a 7.5. It was about 32y.ago. It happened at 10 pm and if I would have been home and in bed I would probably have died. Part of the wall where my headboard was, fell on my pillow. I was young and I did not went to bed so early LOL. I was at some friends house when it hit and I did not know what happened. In the beginning I thought a war started. A friend of mine was begging me to run outside but I could not move. I was parallelized. I was like in a trance and I was picturing a house I've seen in a movie who was shaking and than fell. In that moment I realized that the house might fell and I ran outside. I could not see anything just a lot of dust everywhere, bricks and building material falling around me. It was a miracle I was not hit. It was a lot of damages, lots of tall buildings( 10 stories) fell to the ground and thousands of people died .I can not tell you the terror I went through until I located my parents ,my sisters and brother. We were living in different parts of the city. There was no light, no telephone or transportation working. We reunite sometimes during the night. Thanks God we were all alive, not hurt just scared.

The second big one (about 7) was in California about 20y ago when I was 3 month pregnant. I was in a supermarket paying for my groceries when it hit. This time I knew better and I ran out as fast as I could. Lucky me I was not through the aisles to be hit by falling products and selves .I was closed to the door and avoided the crowd. Another big thanks to God that my pregnancy was not affected.

The smallest earthquake scares me to death.

Pat

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Glad there was no damages :)

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Ingrid, glad there was no damage. Earthquakes are scary because they happen so quickly. They are usually only a couple of seconds long, but when you are in one, it seems like they go on forever. Years ago, my youngest brother was visiting from out-of-state when we had an earthquake. He has never been back to California as a result!

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Pat, you have reason for your fear, from your previous experiences, especially in Romania. I hope your fear fades with time. You are in the wrong state to avoid earthquakes, tho! Glad it was a little one and that you are safe.
    Ingrid, that is too funny about Ingrid's Fault, but under very scary circumstances!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio