Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaclv

One of these things is not like the others...

LisaCLV
17 years ago

Our nursery group is having a plant sale in the park this weekend, as we often do throughout the spring and summer. I have been pulling plants to take to the sale and the other day I walked in to find something in one of the trays trying hard to disguise itself as a bromeliad. Can you spot the imposter?

{{gwi:457171}}

No?

Take a closer look....

{{gwi:457172}}

Comments (11)

• junglegal
    17 years ago

Gosh Lisa, that photo is heaven to me...brom heaven. Lovely!
    kitty looks a little annoyed LOL...yours? Looks siamese

• bob740
    17 years ago

Maybe a Meowmia 'Kittypusses' var.bluenose ??
    Bob:)

• bambi_too
    17 years ago

"Pretty Kitty", I wish I could make the sale. Have fun!

• LisaCLV
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congratulations Bob, your ID is right on the nose!

Not really ours, just one of a pack of ferals that treat my shadehouse like their own personal playground. I usually see them overhead:

{{gwi:457174}}

{{gwi:457175}}

...or climbing the sides of the shadehouse:

{{gwi:457176}}

...but they come inside and hang out amongst the broms too. We have dogs, though, so their safest spot is really on the roof or up in a tree.

They seem to come in 3 basic color schemes: grey tabby, solid black and (part) siamese (with tabby-striped tails). You can see the mixed bloodlines in that last group but not in the others, I'm not sure why. Kind of an interesting study in genetics.

Of course there wouldn't be so many of them if we didn't FEED them, but my husband's just a big ol' softy.... ;-)

{{gwi:457177}}

• wulfgar87
    17 years ago

The one looking at the camera seems a bit...not sure how to put it...evil.

I think he's staring into my soul

• stephania
    17 years ago

In another thread I talked about the mouse problem, so I know an answer!

• bambi_too
    17 years ago

Lisa, its really nice of you to provide them wih those nice hammocks and feed them too!

Stephania, bring home some of those nice Rat Snakes you have there. I loved my Blue Beauties, here they are breeding. They were 9 feet long and could they eat! They were always looking for another meal.

{{gwi:457178}}

• philofan
    17 years ago

Wish I could make that sale, Lisa--what nice plants. But I bought enough nice plants today, and then tomorrow is a local cactus and succulent sale, so got to get to bed early to not miss out on those special plants!

• stephania
    17 years ago

Thanks...Bambi !!! :^))
    we have a kind of plain brown around here, but may be too much Mickey Mouse.

• LisaCLV
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The one you are referring to is "Bighead", wulfgar, and he is the master of intimidation. All available food and women belong to him unless he decides he doesn't want them.

No, we don't name them all. Bad things happen to them so I try not to become too attached, but it's fun to observe their social structure.

If we're going to post THAT kind of picture, Bambi, I have several of the cats using the overhead hammocks for more than just sleeping....... ;-)

• bambi_too
    17 years ago

Stephania, I think I know the one you have there, I may have had it and bred it also, the Blues are from Vietnam. I was very sad when I had to part with those. They were spectacular animals. Trust me if you get a few of those in your garden, your rodent problem will disappear.

Lisa, OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

The only reason I took those photos was for a lecture on Asian Rat Snakes I was doing. I wish I could find the other photos. The only reason I don't still have them is their size. If I had the room I would still have them.

That photo with the sky as a background is GREAT!

Sponsored