Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilleahbugg

Hello! New here :) help me ID these.

lilleahbugg
11 years ago

Hey new here from Florida! I'm obsesses with succulents and recently received a few as gifts and I'm not sure what kind they are. Help a newbie out :)

{{gwi:474663}}
{{gwi:474667}}

{{gwi:474668}}

Hopefully they're not too big. I'm posting from my phone.

And one more i don't need ID'd but I love it too much not to share. :)

{{gwi:474670}}

Comments (7)

• alkh86
    11 years ago

Hi and welcome! I'm new here to (also from FL) still too new to help with IDs but there are tons of friendly, helpful and knowledgable folks here who will help ya out for sure!

• User
    11 years ago

Hi & Welcome,

I believe they're all Echeverias or closely related thereto. Try not to handle the leaves w/ that powdery look on them, the mars & scars from handling won't go away.

That last one is extra nice (& is sprouting a bloom stalk). Looks like E. elegans (one of my favorites for its elegant rosette).

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

I was just curious, in the second picture down, it shows a plant where the top was broken off. Where will new growth on this plant take place? I can't imagine it's like pinching off the top of a jade where you would get two new tops.

• lilleahbugg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the welcomes. As for the second picture that plant has been funky since I got it, I've only had it over the winter and not for long so there hasn't been any new growth and when it does I'm not sure how it will either. I didn't even know the top had been broken off.

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Welcome!

In the 1st pic, the larger one in front is an Echeveria. Will have to wait till it grows out a bit-see if color changes with season-maybe figure out the species.

In the 2nd pic, the one with a broken top looks like an xGrapto-something (intergeneric, Graptopetalum w/something else). The one behind it is a Sedum...perhaps S. adolphii or ax xGraptosedum.

3rd pic, the 2 look like either types of xPachyveria or xGraptoveria.

4th you said you don't need ID'd, but I'll agree with Karen, the larger one is Echeveria elegans. The smaller looks like E. lilacina to me. Do you have an ID on it?

• lilleahbugg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks s bunch rose for all the info. The last picture I had an ID for when I purchased it but the pot got misplaced but I think you're right on those bottom two, and as you said hopefully this upcoming spring and summer will give me a better idea on the others. And for fun here is a quick picture i snapped of all my babies. :)

{{gwi:474672}}

• chaparralgirl
    11 years ago

Love the lineup - thanks for sharing!