Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jumpin4joy

Im still alive!!! Barely. LOL

jumpin4joy
14 years ago

I tell ya. I have a feeling this is going to be one heck of a year. So much going on in the world and it just turned 2010. Scary whats to come. So far for me My whole family has battled a virus, we have all already been to the doctor at least once, Broke(nothing New), My GH froze and I lost all my brugs in there. I hope the ones in the ground survived!!! Most of my plants were totally cooked. Then poor Hati. I cant even watch the news anymore. It makes me want to cry. They are in my prayers.

Brighter side of Life!

Good news. Im on a diet and that sucky virus kept me from eating for 3 days so Im off to a good start.

So for those of you who wonder where I have been the anwser is HIDING!!!! SH!brandy

Comments (11)

• knotz
    14 years ago

Oh boy Brandy...It can only get better, right??

I lost some bananas and a couple brugs, but so far so good for all the rest...The weather here has been so mild...Wish I could send some back east...Not usually this mild here this time of year.

I'm sure lots of us here will help you build up your brug collection :)

Hang in there.....

• jumpin4joy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This weather has been far from mild here. Normally Its mild here. i do fear what it has killed in the ground. Our ground never every freezes and it was froze practically for a week. I really hope my brugs are forgiving. I had just gotten into a nice collection of elephant ears as well so between those and the bannanas. i guess I wont know till spring. I am srating tons of seedlings so I will have plants one way or another. When my Gh basically died I morned and the decided it would be full again. I got a big jump on seed starting.

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Brandy, Im so sorry to hear you and your whole family has
    been sick and that your greenhouse froze, hopefuly the
    plants will come back from the roots.
    Im glad you are feeling better.
    Big hugs,

Karen

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

I konw how you feel about the plants!! But at least you got a jumpstart on your diet!!Good to hear the virus is leaving your family alone.And yes I know the begining of this year is scary at best, so much is going on as for the news my heart goes out to the people in Haiti,so much tragedy my God!Such devastation, and I am pretty sure the news are not showing th worst case scenarious what with roads destroyed and no access to some places. May God help us all.I sure hope your plants comes back from the roots, see you around.M

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hey everyone think about yesterday, live today and
    pray for tomorrow cause we never know,but I sure am
    glad to see you all here!
    Hugs!
    Susan

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Brandy not what I wanted to see...but all I can say is keep hanging in there!! It GOT to get better eventually, right :-)

Great about the super start on dieting lol....even if how you got there is not so great.

Lucy

• byrd4460
    14 years ago

Brandy be encourage if you feel
    you are at the bottom, their is
    only one way to go now and that's
    upward.

Be Bless
    Chocolate Brug

• jumpin4joy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Its nice to see so many familair people. Thanks all and trust me Im not complaining AT ALL. Just a shocking year so far. imagine that show that goes through the world events at the end of the year. It already has enough!!!

• chena
    14 years ago

Wondering where you have been... Nice to see you posting.. I am so sorry about your GH..I will gladly help out if I can.. Glad to hear you and the family are feeling better..One heck of a way to start a diet.. But I guess there is no cheating this way..LOL

Kylie

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Brandy, hope you and the family are doing fine now. Sorry about your GH :-(

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I hope everyone is healthy now. Sorry to hear about the GH. I think that most of us who have GH's have been thru a similar experience. Don't trash anything until it's warmed up for about a month. You might be happily surprised at the number of plants that come back from the roots that you thought were dead. Good luck with the diet. I hope this year is a better one for you.