Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

New GH benches and some blooms

karyn1
16 years ago

We got the rest of the benches set up along the back wall of the GH which gave me a lot more space. The also smell nice because they are made of cedar. The only thing left to do is put up the poles for the hanging plants. Of course DH now wants to take out part of the back wall and add on another 6-8'. I'm all for it but not until the weather warms up. There's no way I'm moving all these plants out while he does it! The orchids and passies are expecially happy in here. It's like my little refuge. I just come in and piddle around lock the doors and ignore everyone. lol.

Karyn

{{gwi:456681}}

{{gwi:456683}}

{{gwi:456685}}

{{gwi:456688}}

{{gwi:456691}}

{{gwi:456694}}

{{gwi:456697}}

{{gwi:456700}}

{{gwi:456706}}

Comments (13)

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

O Karyn, that looks really good!! Your plants all look so happy, and I know you are too! And an expansion already!! Good for you!! Everything looks so beautiful!
    Couldn't have a better escape, just open the door and step out into a beautiful tropical paradise!
    Daniella

• rialira
    16 years ago

"I just come in and piddle around lock the doors and ignore everyone. lol."

I love you.

• rigo74
    16 years ago

Karyn1

Boy all your plants look wonderful!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!

Rigo74

• chena
    16 years ago

Karyn everything looks Happy!!! Love the benches...

• pagrdnr
    16 years ago

Wow you have so many cool plants. What is that in the 3rd picture? And is that yellow one in pic 7 an african impatien? I saw those in my burpee catalog they look really cool, I never even thought about overwintering them I figured they were annuals. I hope one of the garden centers around here gets those. Very Nice! I envy your orchids, I have 2 phals and 2 oncs, None are even a year old. One of my phals did rebloom once after the original spike, how often do yours bloom?

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

They all look very happy to be in there. Your orchids are beautiful. It is great that you have a place just for you to relax and get away from it all - even if just for a little while.
    One of my phals rebloomed too lately. I'm really just getting started in orchids~been putting it off cuz I know an addiction when I see one LOL!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks. I wander out there all hours of the day and night. It's better then hiding out in the bathroom. lol The 3rd pic is cattleya orchid buds. Most of my orchids only bloom once or twice a year. The oncidiums and lady slippers will occasionally bloom more often. Now that I have somewhere with enough humidity I'm finally going to get a Medussa. It's a type of bulbophyllum orchid. The yellow one is an auricoma impatiens, Jungle Gold, which unlike the niamniamensis (African impatiens) is an annual. I started some from seed and will see how long I can keep them going.
    Karyn

• vaskirt
    16 years ago

Wow ! Wow! Wow ! To die for !! Beautiful !! I just love it. Hey and I like your new cedar bench.. Good lord, how many plants does a woman need ?? I am so jealous !! All the blooms.. I can almost smell them LOL. Edna

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

Karyn: What a wonderful home for your plants and a peaceful place for you. There will be no stopping you now, Girl!! lol Can't wait to hear and learn all about some of the plants you will be adding to your GH. Congrats and warmest wishes for many happy hours of GH enjoyment. Gloria

• gardenpaw
    16 years ago

Very nice Karyn!!
    I dont blame you for getting away out in the greenhouse.
    What a wonderful retreat!!
    Karen

• threas
    16 years ago

Wow, Karyn! That is something else.I am so happy for you. Wish I could see it in person.Congrats & keep on piddlin'!LOL

Theresa

• technodweeb
    16 years ago

Wow Karyn - juuuuuuuuuuuuuust fantastic!

Everything looks so happy!

• jumpin4joy
    16 years ago

Thats Super nice. Really Just Awesome.