{{gwi:438878}}

Comments (8)

• sunshine_qld
    14 years ago

Beautiful

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Jack,

Sorry I missed your last posting on the Foliage Vriesea thread - I was typing away on it myself. That 'SoMK" of yours is a beaut plant - leaves are a bit broader and more robust than the 'SoMK?' that I have. Both beautiful plants - whatever they are! Shame that mine has a bit of a problem with dieback on the older leaves. At first I thought it was cultural, but I've tried changing lots of things and made no difference, while all the other plants(and the top 2/3 of the SoMK) look to be bursting with good health. So, after some comments you made about other plants like that, I've finally concluded that it is just something that plant of mine does. I'll be interested to see if pups from it behave any differently.

Cheers, Paul

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Paul ,yes my plant is closest to the real thing i have seen ,but still feel its a selfing ,as for the die back on the lower leaves ,? lots of Hawaiian hybrids suffer from that problem ( specially here in Oz) i had a couple that never stopped doing it and neither did the pups ,so ? it goes in the green bin ,when your plant flowers do a selfing ok ? some will be just like that or better and not suffer that problem .Jack

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Also here are some seedlings similar to Photo No 7 in the foliage Vr. thread

{{gwi:502643}}

• vriesea
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Do'nt know why this piccie was deleted or moved by photo bucket,but that sort of stuff really cheeses me of .so i will try again

{{gwi:502644}}

• splinter1804
    14 years ago

Hi Jack,

Great looking healthy plants you have there. I really must make an effort to get up and see your collection one day.

All the best, Nev.

• jaga
    14 years ago

Jack sorry missed this cross over post. I really have no idea of the parents in pic 7 but see some similaries to above, the redder ones in the fore ground are good ones. As for your Vr'Snows of Mauna Kea' seem to remember the only example in NZ had a pale pink hue anyway not as white as yours but otherwise the same, will endeavour at some stage to get a pic of it as im pretty sure its the real deal.

• paul_t23
    14 years ago

Hi Jack, more beaut seedlings - haven't those red ones picked up some great colour! Just love to see all these new ones on the way. Cheers, Paul

Sponsored
More Discussions